Ways to loose belly fat

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hubby and I have discussed the options, and we have both come to this conclusion: if cancer becomes an issue, we will most likely opt to enjoy what time we have left, and not subject our bodies to burning, poisoning, or cutting.

Many years ago, in the wee hours of the morning, when I was nursing my infant daughter, God spoke to me in a voice that was unmistakable. Not heard with ears, but heard within my soul: "ARE YOU READY?" (to leave this life) My response: "Yes, Lord, I'm ready."

Amen, LG! Either you are ready or you are not. If you are ready, then nothing scares you about your time here.

I too would not opt to burn, slash or poison my body for the sake of so called "curing cancer". If you survive cancer treatments it is likely you would have survived the so called cancer and did it in a lot less misery.

I've worked oncology and also hospice, as a nurse, and have seen the whole, horrid business from one end to the other. Most doctors opt out of CA treatments too.

If one is not going to do the treatments, why then do the screening?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bee, working hospice has to be an eye opener. I'm sure you've seen both ends of the spectrum.

You've seen folks who face death with terror in their eyes. They have no idea what waits on the other side of this life. Wondering if their life has been "good enough" to be accepted by a perfect God.

Then, there are those who go out with a radiance, and a smile on their face, knowing that their lives have been redeemed by Jesus, the only man to walk this earth and live a life that is GOOD ENOUGH to please a righteous God.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of my favorite lunch time meals: Potato baked IN the wood stove. Covered with what ever cooked veggies I have on hand, Generous serving of roasted garlic, (also cooked IN the wood stove), a bit of sour cream, cheese melted on top, mixed seasonings, salt to taste.

I have refused to do a colonoscopy. I will do Fecal Occult Blood. And find myself wondering why I even bother with that. My brother has colon cancer: radiation, ? chemo, conlonoscopy, illeostomy. He's been suffering greatly since his surgery, in the hospital more than he's out of the hospital.

Hubby and I have discussed the options, and we have both come to this conclusion: if cancer becomes an issue, we will most likely opt to enjoy what time we have left, and not subject our bodies to burning, poisoning, or cutting.

Many years ago, in the wee hours of the morning, when I was nursing my infant daughter, God spoke to me in a voice that was unmistakable. Not heard with ears, but heard within my soul: "ARE YOU READY?" (to leave this life) My response: "Yes, Lord, I'm ready."

NICE! ARE YOU READY? What a question... Sure you try and do what's right, but no one will EVER be able to do everything you "think" you should to be ready. And when that space between my ears starts telling me I need to do this, that or the other thing. I just repeat Ephesians 2:8-9 :) so yep, I'm ready by faith, I'm ready.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom's had several colonoscopies, but those are because of her diverticulitis. I can't remember what they said about surgery to remove the bad part, but since she hasn't had it done all the factors must have made it unfeasible.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why? Well... I didn't like the idea of having a colonoscopy at all.

You like the idea of colon cancer better?

If one is not going to do the treatments, why then do the screening?

So -- here's why. July, 1918...DH had bad back pain. We thought it was from the 500 bales of hay we had just worked. Went to dr to be sure he hadn't damaged a disc, etc. This man had his annual physical set already but, it was 2 weeks out. Religiously had one each yr & always a colonoscopy, since a couple polyps prev. Doc saw us, sent him next door for a scan. We did that, went home. Got home 15 min later and there was a msg to call immediately. Doc says come back. Knew this wasn't good! At his office he advises us that DH has a tumor surrounding his colon, soon would totally close it AND tumors already on liver. 3-4 months -- terminal due to liver.

DH had been having bloating & elimination issues for a few weeks and said nothing, did nothing. Hey -- annual soon! :rolleyes:

We had to have the tumor removed or it would have cut off colon and quickly severe pain, rupture and certain death. As it was, the suggested probably 3-4 months after colon op and it would be close to the terminal date. :hit At that time, no immune therapy going...he was otherwise healthy, active, etc.

Chemo happened (as he had a business and a LOT of real estate and things to get in line). Chemo staved of the inevitable and Aug, 1919 I watched him pass into God's hands. He was a devout Catholic, we went the whole route. His time came. 20 yrs, ago.

If you have any situation that might be pointing to colon issues, please consider some method to finding what if anything, is wrong to help you change anything you may need to change for a good outcome! You may just need to alter your eating, lose weight, etc., etc., etc.

I understand not going thru all the things they want to do. Heck, I haven't seen a dr in 20 years. But if something about my body did not respond to routine help, pain was bad, there was a real "issue" NOT normal -- and you KNOW what is normal for you -- then I would go in for clarification. Personally, I am living to 105 and will maintain good health, already know this but, if I hurt myself by not paying attention. Shame on me!

Please think about your own situation. :hugs

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
RE: keto versus paleo.

Paleo can be keto. :D

Ketogenic refers to any diet that is ultra-low in carbs, and is typically very high in fat. There are many ways of doing keto. Two types relevant to this conversation are Clean - no industrialized food or ingredients, or Dirty - these are the bacon eating, Velveeta loving, Diet Coke drinking type.

Paleo is attempting to eat a hunter-gatherer, pre-agriculture, pre-industrialized diet. Paleo usually feature more meat than keto, but no processed meat. Paleo is grain-free, but not necessarily low-carb. Paleo strives for WIDE variety of food sources. The few remaining hunter-gatherer cultures eat from over 200 food (species), while typical SAD / industrialized diet is mostly reliant upon 8 species. :eek: Paleo is very much into adopting food culture to benefit from ancestral wisdom about food combinations and processing. (such as nixtamalization for corn which prevented pellagra, but when people just adopted corn without the processing, there were massive outbreaks of pellagra - niacin deficiency).

I believe that where keto and paleo intersect is best. As if we need another diet name, it's "Kaleo". However, being that these are ancestral diets, you go with the ancestral diet of your heritage because that is what your DNA would be expected to be best adapted to. So the blood type diet would mesh right into Kaleo too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @tortoise! Makes sense! I have a high percentage of Native American and Scottish ancestry so not sure how those mix lol. But makes sense to me!I'll have to do more reading :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh yes. SAD is mostly just grasses in one form or another, which humans don't actually do very well on. Wheat, corn, sugar, etc. Meats are fed mostly the same. Then soybeans added in.

It was known within a short time of sugarcane being introduced to Europe that it caused health problems. Since it was the rich showing problems and they actually had (sort of) doctors it was noticed. In 1900 the average amount of added sugar in the American diet was 12 pounds per year. Some people cover that in a few days now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just read a smidgen of the Type O diet. Sorta paleo-ish. But, I had to stop when it got the part about no dairy, no caffeine, no alcohol. Nope, not gonna happen! I could live without wine - but never without my morning coffee - with dairy! That's just asking too much!