Ways to loose belly fat

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a theory that the reason so many people overeat is because so much nutrition has been stripped from the foods we eat that, even though our stomachs are full, our bodies are still clamoring for the vital nutrients we are missing... so we continue to feel hungry.

mrghostwalker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I cut out all sugar and almost all carbs- other than 2 slices of whole wheat toast in the morning and low carb vegetables and nuts. I now eat high protein and mostly healthy fats. I lost 50 lbs and am back to my college waistline. My glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol numbers have dropped
At first I had some saggy loose skin over my abdomen but after a few months it tightened up.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So.... what's the difference between keto and paleo diets?
The differences seem to be fairly small-- paleo says "yes" to fruits and a wider variety of vegs, and "no" to dairy, while keto eliminates almost all fruits (except the berries) and vegs are more restricted, but accepts dairy (in the form of most cheeses, butter and eggs and cream, but no milk). Both put a strong emphasis on eating the best quality meats and fish that you can get, and healthy fats like macadamia oil, avocado, olive, and coconut oil. Keto tends to be more accepting of erythritol as a sweetener, while paleo uses very little in the way of sweeteners except maybe a little honey. Neither one likes potatoes or grains except in extremely limited amounts.
Of the two, I would say that paleo is perhaps the better diet for long term. I know that I plan to only use keto until I reach my goal weight, and then move over to paleo or a modified paleo

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
By -- OMG !!!!!

I laughed so hard I cried. :lol::lol::lol: Took forever to read.
The guy may have exaggerated but, what a writer!!! :clap So, funny and then to think about it brought more laughing out loud.

Nice.

SO -- tell us, Crealcritter, does the candy work that well?? :D:lol:

True story... When I was way younger I was at a McDonald's, I don't recall what it was I ordered but I can tell you I'm 100% positive I ordered a coke. I recall taking a couple of bites off the sandwich and eating some fries, and reaching for my coke. I took a big drink before I noticed it was sugar free. I got up from the table to go and get another drink (coke). By the time I got up to the counter my stomach was hurting something horrible. I told the person behind the counter I ordered a Coke not sugar free Coke and then it came. Projectile vomit, all over that poor girl behind the counter. Not only once but multiple times I vomited. All over the counter, the floor, on customers and all over that poor girl. I buckled over in pain and fell to the floor, still vomiting.

They shut the McDonald's down for several hours to clean up my vomit. The ambulance came and also the police. Honestly I thought I was going to get arrested. They took me to the hospital because I was vomiting so bad and I had such horrible pain. It was then I found out I'm highly allergic to sacrin. I don't eat or drink anything labled sugar free.

These gummy bears with all the funny reviews are sugar free. Seeing how allergic I am to sugar free foods and drinks it's no wonder these people are peeing out of their butts.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One of my previous docs used to get on my case every time I went to her b/c I was not involved in an exercise program. I told her: When I work, I am often lifting people who weigh more than I do. I am pushing and pulling and lifting all day long. When I am home, I am building stone walls, cutting, stacking and carrying fire wood, working on construction projects, gardening without use of rototiller, hauling rocks out of the ground, using a pick axe to dig holes to plant trees, harvesting and processing garden produce, hauling 50# bags of feed. I don't have time to "EXERCISE!"

I am several months shy of 63!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with insulin resistant diabetes back in April, doc wanted to put me on Metformin right away due to the high A1C. He also wanted to put me on cholesterol lowering meds.

But, I didn't take those meds and, instead, chose to go back the same road I got there on. Of course, I couldn't do that on my own at all, as I have no focus long enough to see anything like that through, so I took the problem to the Lord. I'd never been on a diet before, so knew little about it all from a personal perspective.

The Lord has helped me thoroughly, bringing me the right information as I walked back that road, and also giving me the will and fortitude to keep going...otherwise I wouldn't have lasted a month on "eating right and exercising". I just don't have that level of commitment, even if my life depends on it~which is how I got here in the first place.

I started slow, just cutting out sweets at first, while I was getting my mind around what was needed to correct this damage I'd done to my body. I had an enlarged heart, enlarged liver, a shadow on my ovary, high cholesterol, gout, pseudo gout, kidney disease, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, GERD...well...you get the picture. Pretty much everything was trashed.

Did a lot of research, slowly but surely implementing this or that to see how it worked. Then I proceeded to get more serious along about mid-June and haven't looked back since. Started increasing my activity levels, with emphasis on more lifting, bending, etc. The biggest help and difference was getting up early to pray, read my Bible and work on the inside of this body first, with the Holy Spirit showing me sin strongholds that needed tearing down~one of which was my relationship with food.

Have lost 50 lbs to date~plan on losing MUCH more...MUCH more, the A1C is down to normal, the cholesterol is down to right above normal, don't know about the heart, liver or ovary right now as I just don't care enough to get them checked. They will resolve as the wt. comes off more and more and I increase my activity levels more.

Lots of info out there, CC, on how to lose wt. but I'd start with the Manufacturer of your body and keep in daily touch with Him on how to go about it. I think that will be the only sustainable way to get back to a healthy body and then maintain it throughout one's life.

I'm really loving the increased strength and mobility, the lessening of pain and also the shrinking body. Most of all I'm loving a closer walk with the Lord.

My dog is sure loving the daily walks too...he looks forward to them the same as I do. I'm thinking about training him to a cart so I can let him work alongside of me as I get in wood and such.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
RE: keto versus paleo.

Paleo can be keto. :D

Ketogenic refers to any diet that is ultra-low in carbs, and is typically very high in fat. There are many ways of doing keto. Two types relevant to this conversation are Clean - no industrialized food or ingredients, or Dirty - these are the bacon eating, Velveeta loving, Diet Coke drinking type.

Paleo is attempting to eat a hunter-gatherer, pre-agriculture, pre-industrialized diet. Paleo usually feature more meat than keto, but no processed meat. Paleo is grain-free, but not necessarily low-carb. Paleo strives for WIDE variety of food sources. The few remaining hunter-gatherer cultures eat from over 200 food (species), while typical SAD / industrialized diet is mostly reliant upon 8 species. :eek: Paleo is very much into adopting food culture to benefit from ancestral wisdom about food combinations and processing. (such as nixtamalization for corn which prevented pellagra, but when people just adopted corn without the processing, there were massive outbreaks of pellagra - niacin deficiency).

I believe that where keto and paleo intersect is best. As if we need another diet name, it's "Kaleo". However, being that these are ancestral diets, you go with the ancestral diet of your heritage because that is what your DNA would be expected to be best adapted to. So the blood type diet would mesh right into Kaleo too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I wasn't huge (or fluffy as you say) then my health wouldn't be in jeopardy and my boyfriend (who claims he loves me) wouldn't be after me to lose weight even though he's on the big side homselfView attachment 9712
That was taken at his employer's Christmas party back in Dec 2018.

If your health is on the line, let's get it off. We will be your cheering section and support you all the way. When we married, my husband was at 300 pounds. It took a year of counting calories for him to lose 70 pounds. Today I am 63, he is 73, we are active, healthy and working at staying that way.