We got a new puppy! (New pic added)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm such a sucker for a "hard pup" story. Two young teens sitting at the entrance to Walmart last night with a puppy. They said their mom brought it home and later in the day one of their large dogs went after it. The next day, another one of their large dogs went after it and this time it was hurt. So, they were afraid to keep it and needed to find a new home for it. And then I came along... so now we have a Great Pyrenees pup.

100_0978.jpg

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I can't say I blame you - who could resist that face? What great markings your pup has, too!

What gender is your new pup? And have you picked a name yet?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
It's a female. We haven't picked a name yet, we are waiting to get to know her a little better and try to pick a name that fits her.

We have returned from the vets office having her checked out and getting her a distemper shot. The large dog that attacked her, left a pretty goo puncture wound above her right eye, and we had that checked. She now has a shaved spot above that eye so that the wond can drain and not get matted over.

We have three dogs already, ranging from 45 to 95 pounds in size, and she was a little intimidated by then given her recent experience. She seems to be settling in well with the now, though. She is a sweetie.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the pup is lucky it got you! it will live a great life now! :)
adorable!
sucker for a pup...most of us are...LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
She's adorable! Wish we had our fencing all done to get a new dog, but not yet! It has been over a yr since our last dog died & I feel almost naked(kwim?) without one. I am hoping to rescue one again like i did my pomerainian.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HM
me too. putting my old sick dogs down a bit ago made me feel wierd also --I always had a dog.

not yet for me, but in a few years when Nicole can handle the feeding schedule..HA HA HA...it is her turn to slave to the critter..HA HA

I hear ya though! that pic of the pup made me want one now also...ugh! :)