We got the PITAs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony lets his friend Scott hunt our farm. His game camera got stolen. He is ticked.

Come to find out the renter in MILs trailer across the dirt road from our land said 2 trucks have been going up my driveway.
My driveway is very very long up a small hill to the top of my land where we were thinking of building. Tony and Scott have tree stands up there along with deer plots.

So now Tony is on a mission lol
asked the renter if they see the trucks again get license plates.

I have forever been saying get a big old cable with a lock across our driveway but nooooo. So our cable gate might be coming soon.

I hate PITAs that think they can just trespass and steal and do whatever they want. Come on, I pay those darn taxes, they don't :)

just venting

Of course Tony says if he gets his hands on them....well you know lol

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the trespassers, FC!

When we first moved to our place, I suspect we had a lot of turn-arounds at the end of our drive way just because the drive was new. I can understand curiosity but I hated it as I was mostlty here alone. We posted "NO TRESPASSING" signs but it never slowed them down and I didn't care for it, one bit!

The wind finally took out those signs and we haven't had a turn-around in months...go figure! :hu Guessing we drew more attention by the posting but what part of "NO" wasn't understood? :rolleyes:

Doc got me a gamecam deal that included a Python cable and lock, haven't used it yet as I'm still using my cam very close to home. Once I move it out of our dogs' range, I'll use the bear-proof box and python cable.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh boooo, hisssss. :smack

Someone stole a big ol' long livestock gate from our pole barn and helped themselves to our floor jack from the garage, too. You know I never leave the property, right? :D But I was gone for a few hours, dogs were in the fenced area and they couldn't tell us who did it.

Irritating, huh. :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya dawn lol

some think it is all theirs to do as they please

a lock on the game cam will have to happen. older times things stayed put. now they walk, even with a lock :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that kind of thing creeps me out Marianne

like, they know, when you leave...gives me that creepy feeling of being cased. ugh

our neighbor had his deer stand stolen. I mean come on, taking the time to get it, lug it out, etc. These are big items like your gate. I tell ya people do the darnest things.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
For as far out as we are, we have a LOT of strange vehicles go by. We and our neighber have both had dogs go missing this summer, she found hers for sale on cr list 2 weeks later! The person got in trouble for having stolen property. We had a few things go missing out of our barn this summer. We don't know when, when we went to get the step ladder-gone. A week later went to get the floor jack ( a small one)- gone. We assume they were taken at the same time. My front door is old and doesn't lock, so this year we are going to put in new doors ( with locks) and a gate across the driveway.

Had to add, our generater is now chained to a large post in the barn! With a log chain!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
UGH, that STINKS. How irritating!!
We live in an odd place, most of the public doesn't know we're here, but there are a lot of other people that do. We're in a park, on the grounds of a boarding barn. So we're here to keep an eye on things. As many people as pass through here we actually often leave our door unlocked. Most of the folks that board horses here are keen enough to know when someone doesn't belong.
I'm grateful we don't have any problems here.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is part of the slow breakdown of society. Crimes of ALL types are rising- some violent and some not.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
absolutely agree. times getting worse means the nasty people are going to increase their nastiness.

I also see it increasing the good people out to help others so that is a plus at least.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, altruism and random kindness will not go away. If it did, I would seriously have to reconsider whether I even wanted to TRY to live in such a world.