We woke up to a real "Treat" this morning!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
328_kid.jpg

Isn't SHE just beautiful!!!

I woke up at 8 am and had gone out to feed the chickens, and noticed that Nan, our female goat, was still in their barn. Elroy was out to greet me and being a general nuisance as usual.

So I peak in the barn...and I see Nan with a baby!! The baby was still wet, I mean, soaking wet! So I know she had just had her literally minutes before I got there, but the little one was already trying to stand.

DH was still in bed, obviously because I yelled for him twice and he didn't respond. So I run for the house, yell for him to get up, get dressed, get your butt out here! Nan had her baby!!

I didn't know my DH could get dressed that fast! :p

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/328_kid.jpg

Isn't SHE just beautiful!!!

I woke up at 8 am and had gone out to feed the chickens, and noticed that Nan, our female goat, was still in their barn. Elroy was out to greet me and being a general nuisance as usual.

So I peak in the barn...and I see Nan with a baby!! The baby was still wet, I mean, soaking wet! So I know she had just had her literally minutes before I got there, but the little one was already trying to stand.

DH was still in bed, obviously because I yelled for him twice and he didn't respond. So I run for the house, yell for him to get up, get dressed, get your butt out here! Nan had her baby!!

I didn't know my DH could get dressed that fast! :p
Nice treat this morning. You are so lucky.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
She's adorable. Now I can't wait till we can get goats too. Dh & ds#2 want them. But first we need to get a proper pen & shelter built for them.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You are lucky! She/He is beautiful!!

Edited to say...sorry I sould have caught on that SHE is a she. DUH!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner:) said:

LOL that's quite alright! I cannot tell you how pleased I am that she is a she! DH had said any girls born we keep, and any little boys we will sell after they were grown a bit. So I am quite pleased!

And we named her Treat. Not sure if Mom is done or not. Her previous owner said she had twins last year, so who knows? I don't think there will be another, because mom is pretty thin looking now.

Treat has already been trying to skip around the little barn and nursed a few times. It's like she grabs a swallow or two, then skips around :lol:

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Nuggetsowner:) said:

LOL that's quite alright! I cannot tell you how pleased I am that she is a she! DH had said any girls born we keep, and any little boys we will sell after they were grown a bit. So I am quite pleased!

And we named her Treat. Not sure if Mom is done or not. Her previous owner said she had twins last year, so who knows? I don't think there will be another, because mom is pretty thin looking now.

Treat has already been trying to skip around the little barn and nursed a few times. It's like she grabs a swallow or two, then skips around :lol:
We kinda said the same thing about our cow when she had her baby last yr, a girl we keep & breed when old enough(next mo) a boy we fatten up & butcher to fill the freezer. So what did we get? A girl so no meat for the freezer yet! All I have left from the first steers are a few packages of soup bones & liver that I will make cat food out of.

Latest posts