Weather

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It seems the winter storm (for you guys) are over? If not, it's about dang time it goes! Either way, I figured let's start a new discussion for comparing notes and temps and general gripes about this wonderful season called winter :)

Today was simple gorgeous here, 13C and sunny, but I hear we're in for fierce winds over the weekend, mostly along the coast, but Co Tipperary fancies itself a coastal county apparently, so we'll probably get blown to hades as well... Next week winter is back with...

"‘Unsettled and cold’

The outlook for next week is “unsettled and cold”, according to Met Éireann.

Monday will see scattered outbreaks of rain with some sleet on higher ground. Afternoon temperatures will range from five to eight degrees in moderate westerly breezes. Skies will clear on Monday night and a sharp frost will set in.

The east and south will stay largely dry but showers will affect the west, north and central areas and they will turn increasingly wintry overnight. Lowest temperatures will range from plus one and minus two degrees in moderate westerly winds.

Tuesday will be the coldest day of the week with maximum afternoon temperatures of two to five degrees. There will be showers of hail and sleet, mainly affecting the west and north, where some snow is likely as well. West to northwest winds will be moderate.

Tuesday night is expected to be very cold with temperatures as low as minus three or minus four degrees and a widespread sharp to severe frost with a risk of ice on roads.

It will stay cold for the rest of the week as well with occasional rain or sleet and frost most nights."

What's happening by you guys?

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rain rain and rain :D:D:D I love it! It is more than we'd usually see. My ducks have new ponds to play in EVERYWHERE! They are very muddy ducks.

My town is handling it ok, but the roads are near on washing away in places down on the coast. Lots and lots of pot holes and water over the road. Flash flood warnings but they are not out of the ordinary.

It hasn't been that cold, due to the cloud cover. Its really my ideal type of weather and I wish it would never end! Even the wind is ok haha, gusty and strong but keeps those clouds covering the sun and for that I am always grateful. I love how green everything is!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
From a local FB group...

❄️With the most recent forecasts, this is rapidly turning into a multiple bread loaf situation. During extreme winter weather preparations in the Midwest area, it’s important you stick to the following method:
-Panic
-Encourage others around you to also panic by uploading pics of crowded grocery store lines
-Buy every gallon of milk you can find. Is two gallons enough for 2 days of snow? Doubt it, buy 6.
-Do not make eye contract with anyone in the bread aisle. This is a surefire way to incite unnecessary stampedes.
-Check road reports constantly by asking on community pages how the roads are. It’s snowing but are they snow covered? We don’t know until we ask, again.
-For every .5 inches of precipitation forecasted, you’ll need one loaf of bread and one dozen eggs. For example, 12 inches of snow forecasted X 2 equals 24 dozen eggs and 24 bread loaves.
-Become an immediate social media expert on city snow removal tactics, school superintendent decisions & meteorological forecasts. Who knows better than you? Not a single person who actually does these things for a living.
-Drive your front wheel drive Camry up steep hills during the event and take pictures to tell everyone how they should stay off the roads because it’s dangerous, because of you.
-Wear fun thermal socks and post pics of them in front of your fire with hashtag #SnowDay❄️
Let’s be careful out there.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ugh, wife is in full Mississippi ice storm mode.

We had 2 inches of snow and now it's freezing rain. Every time it snow storms, I keep telling her it snows differently up here and each storm is different. Finally she stepped outside. Lo and behold it was not as vicious as down south. She is now speculating on how the village plows are working the roads, and won't listen to me that we are prepared for this crap every season.

Love my wife. One of these storms are going to cause my head to explode though

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
These murder mittens do not approve of this weather.
20211111_085755.jpg
She is inside eating a can of cat food before her indoor nap. I love her winter routine! I dont see her much in summer.