Weather

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your heat has extended to here on east coast. It's hard to see this so widespread, all at one time! We do have this every July here. So it's time. Beyond that, we have had rain and thankful for that! Puts me in close to normal mode.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
#5 for the year. Had to level the air conditioner compressor.
Screenshot_20220719-084036~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feel for all of you. I am glad that we seldom get that much heat here... the mountains seem to mitigate some of it. We are supposed to get in the mid 90's +... We have had pop up showers off and on for the last 2 weeks. On days they say 30-40% we get nothing, and on days they said 0% we got a strong fast hard shower that soaked the hay and then we had to tedd all to get it dry. I drove through some real hard downpours... "toad stranglers" .... where we were doing 20-40 mph with flashers and all on the interstate yesterday... Monday.. on the way home from a fast trip to NH to get a truck loaded with stuff from my parents house that had been parked in a storage place since we did the cleanout a month or so ago.
It rained a fast but somewhat hard shower this afternoon. I had 9/10ths inch in the rain gauge.... dumped it Sat eve before we left for NH on early Sunday morning... a few showers here on Sunday and Monday... then that shower this afternoon... for the total of just under an inch. Not a ton of water here... I bet some of what I drove down through was an inch in 15 minutes... but this rain has been perfect for the corn.
The next few days we will get hit with the "heat wave" that seems to be pretty much everywhere... just not quite as bad as everyone else....

STAY HYDRATED EVERYONE

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you don't have AC at home and feel like it is getting too hot there are a few ways to cool down. cold shower, damp cloth/clothes and a fan, or head out and visit the local library, big box store or other venue where you can chill out for a while and read a book or visit with a friend or ...

i just went out to empty the birdbaths for the evening and it wasn't too bad out there with a breeze.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
if you don't have AC at home and feel like it is getting too hot there are a few ways to cool down. cold shower, damp cloth/clothes and a fan, or head out and visit the local library, big box store or other venue where you can chill out for a while and read a book or visit with a friend or ...

i just went out to empty the birdbaths for the evening and it wasn't too bad out there with a breeze.
Good tips 👍

Today it was like a sweat shower outside over here with the high humidity. This morning everything was very wet like it rained but it didn't rain at all last night. So the dew settled in heavy overnight.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts