Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Enjoy map from the Washington Post.

Don't be fooled by fake news... Its a map of not actual temps but of (temps from the "normal" temps). Tricky aren't they? Like weather has a "normal" anyways -:lol

Doom and gloom Reference --> https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ic-air-mass-is-about-take-over-united-states/

XRZWXYWVLFEERO3QO3R53PO4JQ.gif

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Argh! We're getting a late-ish season cold front today. We're even scheduled for a light freeze. And, of course all my citrus trees are blooming. Hopefully since it's not a hard freeze they'll be ok?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boo!

They've downgraded my part of the state to 1-3" tonight. Thank goodness! Going to have a cold snap the middle of the week. Nighttime lows below zero. Come on spring!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Smh. My FB memories is reminding me of heavy snows on this date 3 of the last 4 years. We are going to dodge the heavy stuff tonight.

I love the local weather. "The models are all over the place. Stay tuned this weekend for the latest updates." Lol, 2 inches versus 4 inches in NE Ohio is NOT a life or death event. The road crews are awesome, their actions are better indications of the pending forecast.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It rained most of Friday, yesterday and was pouring this morning. I looked outside a few minutes ago and got quite a shock when I saw about 1/2 an inch if the white stuff in my backyard already! It really wasn't that cold this morning or last night, that's the strange part...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Geeze louise!
It's still coming down strong. The roads are a mess and the car parked outside my house has more than an inch of the stuff on its roof already. After the heatwave and rain this was quite a surprise!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Over the last week or so we had a 2" snow storm, then a rain storm that soaked that snow and then it turned into a snow storm/ artic blast. We had about 2" of solid ice on our driveway and sidewalk - then we got 5" more of snow. The snow was so deep that I had to dig out the gate so I could get to work.

DH pulled out the grub-pick yesterday to break through the frozen/paced snow so he could get both gates open. The little tractor with the snow blower will fit through the gates if both are open completely. We now have a 5' wide path to the house - the sidewalk is only 2' wide, lol. He even cleared an area for the dogs to do their business. Of course, they both pooped in the pathway this morning...
Welcome to our home! :sick

Latest posts