Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The joys of living in tornado alley.

It WAS 98 degrees actual temperature, now it's 75 degrees actual temperature. Just after a strong thunderstorm rolled through from the north west.

When the low pressure rolled in, it knocked right out. All I remember was I was watching TV and woke up about 1/2 hour later. Even my wife's 125 lb Rottweiler was in my curled up in my lap fast asleep and he's a huge dog.
Screenshot_2019-07-21-20-23-35.png

When I woke up the whole inside of the house was orange (we have no curtain on the windows) and thunder was booming loudly, shaking the house. This is the picture I took off the back porch looking north. Its a lightening show off to the south.
IMG_20190721_202220.jpg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weather! Too much, too little -- exactly why groceries and feed will be increasing cost this year. A dismal crop for many farmers. :( Consumers should be concerned.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we've had a few more inches of rain, not that we needed it. today at least was nice later in the day, but we ran errands. by the time we got back from those i was tired and took a nap. :)

i'm glad we can grow what we do here - the diversity of a small land holder made for a pretty productive season for us even in spite of all the rain.

compared to 3 of the 4 farm fields around us have not been harvested yet and may not be. very short soybeans in mud right now. not too much on them from what i can tell.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a high of 30 degrees forecast for today - it will warm up to 36 over the weekend and then back down to a high of 24 next week. I will take your forecast with no complaint. The 18 degrees on the thermometer this morning is 25 degrees below the average low.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a high of 30 degrees forecast for today - it will warm up to 36 over the weekend and then back down to a high of 24 next week. I will take your forecast with no complaint. The 18 degrees on the thermometer this morning is 25 degrees below the average low.

Well I expect lots of snow for my neck of the woods since when I cut a fresh persimmon seed open it had a vain shaped like a spoon.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes, i'd like a few more days of warmer and rain free weather. not sure i will get that, but tomorrow might be ok enough to do something outside. i no longer trust the forecast, yet no matter how much i tell myself that i shouldn't make firm plans around them i still do and then of course have to change them when reality thinks up something different.

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

we shall see...