Weather

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had 1.6 inches of rain today - in a couple of hours. Looks like it's gonna be another one of those mud years... ugh.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had strong winds today the wind coming off the pond was cold its supposed to be the same tomorrow with the addition of drizzle. If it stays like this the snow is not far away.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our predicted 3 - 6 is turning into a dusting. Glad I got as much winterizing done in the yard as I did yesterday. Still have wood to put in.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another bad weather day here. Rain and winds at 40 mph gusting to 60. Another day for indoor work when I have so much to do outside

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First snow here in southern IL. 1 to 3" forecast before it ends. We have about an inch now over ice because it rained before it turned to sleet, before it turned to snow.
IMG_20191111_183246028.jpg

Just yesterday it was sunny and 70 degrees. Was 51 overnight but forecast to be 12 tonight.
Screenshot_2019-11-11-18-36-58.png

My son who lives in Northern IL text me a picture of his morning commute to work with the title "on the highway to hell"
5850.jpeg

Winter has arrived in the heartland.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah, we had a winter storm warning today, Mom went out to go play cards with her friend and came back a while later saying it wasn't worth it and too dangerous as everyone was going all over the roads/ditches. i'm just glad she came home safe and sound.

plenty of snow on the ground now. will have to shovel tomorrow. just to get some exercise and fresh air Mom went out earlier and did the driveway partially. i went out later to pick up the recycle bin and it was about 4 inches of slushy snow on top of what was there before.

yesterday some friends came over and he has a snow plow on his truck and said he wanted to plow for us for free, but as it goes here we argue about who gets to shovel as we're both so used to keeping busy in the spring/summer/fall and we both want and need the exercise and fresh air. we don't usually have anyone plow for us unless we both happen to be sick or we really get clobbered. we just don't have to be anywhere quickly most of the time so if we take a few days to dig out it is ok. IMO we can hibernate for a few weeks and i wouldn't mind it at all.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's COLD in TEXAS!! 28* here tonight! :ep And 24* tomorrow night! :tongue That's enough of that crap!

Trade you. I had to run into town. I basically got two ways to go to town. The back country way which is shorter or the major highways way which is longer.

I figured the state would have plowed and salted the major highways. Boy in was I wrong, they didn't even touch the highways. I came back home the country way and the county already plowed, they don't salt the county road hardly ever but at least they were plowed. Town looked like a ghost town hardly anyone on the roads.

All I can say is thank God for 4 wheel drive :) now that my my truck and my wife's bus are both 4 wheel drive, I'll never own another vehicle without it.
IMG_20191111_185413692.jpg