Weather

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back to circling zero....

But it didn't snow today... and we saw sky...

Weather man says we should have a break in the snow... we all know the weatherman never tells the truth....

Pray that he is right this time... spouse and I, and one kid, have to drive up to Anchorage this week...be there all week.

Spouse and I are both getting cataract surgery... but have to be there all week since our eyes are so bad our retinal detachment risk is high... Kid has to come and be our driver.

Heart stress test I tell ya... having kid drive my car in the big city... :barnie

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back to circling zero....

But it didn't snow today... and we saw sky...

Weather man says we should have a break in the snow... we all know the weatherman never tells the truth....

Pray that he is right this time... spouse and I, and one kid, have to drive up to Anchorage this week...be there all week.

Spouse and I are both getting cataract surgery... but have to be there all week since our eyes are so bad our retinal detachment risk is high... Kid has to come and be our driver.

Heart stress test I tell ya... having kid drive my car in the big city... :barnie
I know what you mean on the forecasts today.

I really hope all goes well with your eye tests 🤞 and you both get the help you need

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
9c and feels like 8 according to the forecast reading.

It's very damp andcwe should have rain later
We have a very peculiar grey looking sky the other evening it had a yellow tone too it.

A lady down the road was on her door step looking at this sky she said it actually scared her.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Highly variable!

The big city has less snow, but colder.

We have to drive through a mountain pass to get there.

Unless it is summer and roads are dry.. I always find the turns and such a bit anxiety producing. It is gorgeous.

That mountain pass section is prone to avalanches... and then there is a bit that is prone to rock falls.

The older I get the more anxious I get. :th
:hugs I will be looking for updates 🙏

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Highly variable!

The big city has less snow, but colder.

We have to drive through a mountain pass to get there.

Unless it is summer and roads are dry.. I always find the turns and such a bit anxiety producing. It is gorgeous.

That mountain pass section is prone to avalanches... and then there is a bit that is prone to rock falls.

The older I get the more anxious I get. :th
same here,, it all stresses me out, driving on ice = stress max

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're so foggy and overcast that I don't think we will get up to the forecasted 61. At 42 degrees now, 100% humidity.
100% humidity here too. We are projected to get severe storms with up to 80 mph winds and potential tornadoes tonight. Praying we stay safe, we keep power and it passes quickly.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
100% humidity here too. We are projected to get severe storms with up to 80 mph winds and potential tornadoes tonight. Praying we stay safe, we keep power and it passes quickly.
Wow! My sister is in CO. She said they had 50 mph sustained winds with 90 mph gusts. She was missing her morning walk to the coffee shop!