Weather

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tropical Storm Nicholas has formed in the western Gulf of Mexico. I might need wine and brownies!

i'm not much for wine, but brownies are always good to have in reserve. :)

Mom is always cooking goodies of various kinds. a few weeks ago she made some Magic Bars which i can always eat. i had all the ingredients here for making some macaroons of similar ingredients and had not gotten around to it (trying to keep my weight down so i was using them as an incentive to get back down to a more reasonable weight ... well that didn't happen so she just made the Magic Bars instead and i told her yesterday that she should just use up what is left of the ingredients and make another pan of those. :) *urp* :) )...

right now she's making stuffed red peppers and yesterday she made 400 cookies (chocolate chip and molasses). now that it is cooler she's happy to be able to bake more things again.

that's about the only tie-in i can make with the weather... :)

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i'm not much for wine, but brownies are always good to have in reserve. :)

Mom is always cooking goodies of various kinds. a few weeks ago she made some Magic Bars which i can always eat. i had all the ingredients here for making some macaroons of similar ingredients and had not gotten around to it (trying to keep my weight down so i was using them as an incentive to get back down to a more reasonable weight ... well that didn't happen so she just made the Magic Bars instead and i told her yesterday that she should just use up what is left of the ingredients and make another pan of those. :) *urp* :) )...

right now she's making stuffed red peppers and yesterday she made 400 cookies (chocolate chip and molasses). now that it is cooler she's happy to be able to bake more things again.

that's about the only tie-in i can make with the weather... :)
Why 400? A cookie diet? Freezer food?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why 400? A cookie diet? Freezer food?

we give them to family and friends and she likes to do it when she can. some go in the freezer but i try not to eat too many of them. some days i am better than others. i'm in a lot more trouble around cookie dough than i am cookies.

she also does some trades with people cookies for whatever, but everytime i do the math i figure the other people are coming out way ahead. so the happiness part of it is the difference. :) as long as she's happy doing it i'm ok with supporting her in it. sometimes i get clean-up duties and that's ok if i'm not too busy with other things.

she doesn't just do cookies, it's a lot of other things too including full meals for people and whatever else she can think of. she used to do a lot more but she's cut down quite a bit from what she was doing a few years ago.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Interesting way to end the workday. Cold front moving through spawned multiple tornado warnings. Fortunately very little reported damage and the only confirmed touchdown was about 15 miles away. One heading for us was only radar indicated rotation and fizzled out before it got here.

Need to practice crating the cats. It was a bit of an adventure...and the wife's southern tornado PTSD.

All clear

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Interesting way to end the workday. Cold front moving through spawned multiple tornado warnings. Fortunately very little reported damage and the only confirmed touchdown was about 15 miles away. One heading for us was only radar indicated rotation and fizzled out before it got here.

Need to practice crating the cats. It was a bit of an adventure...and the wife's southern tornado PTSD.

All clear
I'm a big fan of crate training cats. A favorite topic. If you want to be subjected to verbal vomit, ask. Otherwise I will bite my tongue and sit on my hands. 🤣

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of crate training cats. A favorite topic. If you want to be subjected to verbal vomit, ask. Otherwise I will bite my tongue and sit on my hands. 🤣
2 of 3 did fine. Scooped them up no worries. Complained the whole time, but when it was over each sauntered out and wanted scritches.

The third, special one, was a stinker. Bit the wife. When she got out, broke the sound barrier trying to find a place to hide. Next time she goes first.

Always willing to learn something new. Bring it. Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
As couple years during a tornado warning I forgot to get one of the dogs into the basement. 😲 DS14 was about 11 and he went running out into the pasture trying to herd the sheep into the barn. I lost it, o.m.g. The tornado touched down a few minutes later, 2-3 miles away.