Weather

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been overcast, windy and a few sprinkles...cooler, especially with these winds. Noreaster off coast...supposed to be out tonight. Sure hope so!! I need back to sunshine and temps similar to those FEM is having....and we were.

You know, a lot of not wanted weather can be tolerated with just some sunshine!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been overcast, windy and a few sprinkles...cooler, especially with these winds. Noreaster off coast...supposed to be out tonight. Sure hope so!! I need back to sunshine and temps similar to those FEM is having....and we were.

You know, a lot of not wanted weather can be tolerated with just some sunshine!

so true, but even then my sister had to go out west where there is more sun because our weather drove her nuts (we could quibble on that but you know what i mean...)...

some winters i've counted days in a row of clouds and not much sunlight and gotten way past what my fingers and toes could do.

two days of sunshine coming up and one yesterday afternoon while i was outside so very welcomed by me.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What are you waiting for????? 😲 If cold. Get heated. 😁
Nooooooo!

Have to toss kid on roof, unscrew chimney cap, have kid scrub it all clean.

Then we need to clean all of the accumulated tools that have gravitated to the previously open area on and around the wood stove.

Then we need to haul in the wood... which means we will be smacked in the face with the fact that we gathered a bunch of wood slabs this summer to burn this winter.... but never cut them to length. :hide

Yeah.... maybe in 2 weeks.....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you have considered that kid on roof would be safer without snow! :old 😁 :hide whatcha waiting for? You DO remember the snow as deep as your windows, right??? I'm cold just thinking about it!

It's been 62-64 in my house each morning for couple weeks. I flip on a heater for about an hour to knock the chill. All the while thinking "Alaskan would think this was summer!!". :lol: Dang cold for that! I've been going to work. So right now it's tolerable. Won't be soon, when I'm home more. Once the chill sets in I'm just cold and not comfy. Not using heat other than the morning right now but, heated mattress pad and ceiling heat blower in shower area. Probably good with just light use for another couple weeks, then.....longer use.

First of week they're saying possible freeze temps a couple nights, mid 40 days. That's full on winter here! :oops:. Seems for just a couple days, then more normal, like now.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's been 62-64 in my house each morning for couple weeks. I flip on a heater for about an hour to knock the chill. All the while thinking "Alaskan would think this was summer!!".
Those temps sound dreamy hot!

And not to worry about kid... we always toss a light kid up on the roof, and have a rope from the light kid, over the peak of the roof, and to a big heavy kid on the ground. Big heavy kid never gives light kid more than a foot of slack. We usually use a third kid as caller/spotter since heavy kid and light kid can't see each other.

:old I love those kids! No busting them up!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not cold? Yikes - I couldn't move if it were in the 20's here...
Positive. Positive 20F! Nice perfect winter temp.... cold enough that there isn't any ice...

Warm enough that you can walk fast and inhale through your mouth! ;) No freezing of your lungs!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Positive. Positive 20F! Nice perfect winter temp.... cold enough that there isn't any ice...
Oh - well that makes it so much better, lol! (hear the sarcasm) :hide Nope can't do it - at least not on a daily basis for months and months. This past February when we had those kind of temps...it wasn't ok. However I've gotta say that when I was dressed for it and forced to be outside I didn't die, lol.