Weather

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow! That's some pretty rough stuff you went through last night! Did you have any damage? Sure hope your power comes back soon!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No damage here, luckily. The tarps on the silkie pen walls really made a huge difference. No torn or loose roof tarps.

They've taken care of about half the outages since 12:30am last night. This is current outages for Puget Sound Energy.

Screenshot_20210113-130355_Chrome.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you didn't have major damage and that your silkies are ok! (you know I love your silkies)

That's a lot of people without power... :(

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Horray \o/ I expect the pond to freeze up by Sunday so I can cut down saplings around the shore. I told my wife I'm not Jesus, I need the water to freeze first before I can walk on it with my chainsaw. She said: YOU ARE CRAZY! I said: yep, and that's why you love me 💓 😊

Little conserned about my Turkeys, I might have to stick them in the barn Saturday through Monday. I could put all 5 of them in the room I had the CCX in over a fresh layer of hay.

IDK... What you all think? -1F is pretty dog gone cold.

Screenshot_20210209-193503.png

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our weather is supposed to be about 24 hours behind yours.... starting Wed eve/Thursday..... add about 10 degrees to your temps and that is what they are calling for here. Colder than normal temps for us this time of year....Had 6 + inches the weekend before (sat/sun), then another 4 inches wet heavy snow this past sat/sun, now calling for another 2-8 coming in late wed/thurs and maybe into Friday....:eek::th:barnie:ep:th:th

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our weather is supposed to be about 24 hours behind yours.... starting Wed eve/Thursday..... add about 10 degrees to your temps and that is what they are calling for here. Colder than normal temps for us this time of year....Had 6 + inches the weekend before (sat/sun), then another 4 inches wet heavy snow this past sat/sun, now calling for another 2-8 coming in late wed/thurs and maybe into Friday....:eek::th:barnie:ep:th:th
It snowed, North Carolina is now closed.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yippee 😊

Screenshot_20210212-204404.png

Haven't left the house since Monday, this is our drive way. Nothing but a shinny sheet of ice. I may have to saddle up the Rottweiler and have him pull me in a sled.
IMG_20210212_202046365.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got 2 inches of snow overnight. We're scheduled to have more until Sunday when it warms back up and starts raining.

So 4 days of winter this year it looks.

Snow is pretty rare here so we're staying home through this and away from the idiots. We have a neighbor who plows the road with his tractor. The county doesn't do more than the main roads outside of town.

The RR tracks cross the road at the corner of our property. It's always a slick mess because the tracks are a raised hill. Up over then down. Idiots coming off the main road have taken it too fast in ice before. Neighbor said that's how the big apple tree at the corner ended up halfway knocked over. There is a cement highway barrier there now as well a few large boulders. It's fully on our property and serves mostly to keep their dumb butts out of the stream.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have about 8 inches. I had to clean off the hoop roof over the silkie pens, then haul water and feed for them. Everyone is happy enough, though.

The hills around here are bad. We have a Facebook community news group and people who live by them have been reporting. Other than that, it's idiots in cars speeding and crashing or ending up in the drainage ditches

Latest posts