Weather

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They sure are. Now I'm counting my spare change to see if we can afford some more double paned windows; something I've been wanting for at least 10 years now, but there was always something more important to budget for (like our big fence, which took 3 years of saving to accomplish)
I did not realize that single paned windows still existed!!

When we first moved up here the cabin we lived in had some single paned windows... and WOW, it felt like there was a hole in the wall!!! Brrrrrrrr

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... Here we are again. Anyone care to guess the number of pinocchio's this time? 😂
Screenshot_20210706-210759~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did not realize that single paned windows still existed!!

When we first moved up here the cabin we lived in had some single paned windows... and WOW, it felt like there was a hole in the wall!!! Brrrrrrrr
Not only were all of the windows single pane, one of them is broken and the glass is being held in with strapping tape, lol. And when we put in our wood stove, we discovered that the attic space was "insulated" with old mattresses and sofa cushions and such. It's so much fun living in a 100 year old house....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Already 1 pinocchio, they changed it already. Yesterday forecast rain today. Today no forecast for rain but now forecast rain everyday until next Thursday (9 days) only 8 days fit in the 10 day window.
download (5).jpeg

Screenshot_20210707-090607~2.png

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok Texan's where's the heat? I'm back to wearing sweatshirts again. Thinking seriously about pitching a tent and sleeping out back, getting a good night's sleep 😴

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rain rain and rain :D:D:D I love it! It is more than we'd usually see. My ducks have new ponds to play in EVERYWHERE! They are very muddy ducks.

My town is handling it ok, but the roads are near on washing away in places down on the coast. Lots and lots of pot holes and water over the road. Flash flood warnings but they are not out of the ordinary.

It hasn't been that cold, due to the cloud cover. Its really my ideal type of weather and I wish it would never end! Even the wind is ok haha, gusty and strong but keeps those clouds covering the sun and for that I am always grateful. I love how green everything is!