Weather

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was my understanding that the light therapy lamps have to be started in October..... because they aren't strong enough to bring you up if you are already down...

What they do is keep you where you are.

Over the years the 2 we had busted, and I haven't been able to figure out what I want to buy to replace them.

:idunno

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It was my understanding that the light therapy lamps have to be started in October..... because they aren't strong enough to bring you up if you are already down...

What they do is keep you where you are.

Over the years the 2 we had busted, and I haven't been able to figure out what I want to buy to replace them.

:idunno
I think it depends on an individual's symptoms. I typically use it only in December and January to take the edge off since I am basically an office drone.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need one of these, haven't found one that suits my fancy though
I use my plant lights as a light box. I have a light meter - it's over 10 Lux when I'm next to the shelf. They're on a timer too, so I can sleep near my plants and start getting light at 6 a.m. I don't know that it helps, but it doesn't hurt!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use my plant lights as a light box. I have a light meter - it's over 10 Lux when I'm next to the shelf. They're on a timer too, so I can sleep near my plants and start getting light at 6 a.m. I don't know that it helps, but it doesn't hurt!

hmm, plant lights might have UV in them so check to make sure you're not messing up your eyes.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
3 day break.... and now it is starting up again.

I have a better attitude this time around though....

And... it is pretty..... and at least it held off until after Sunday morning service!

20211205_131208.jpg