well water problems need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so i got the well fixed........original quote 1300.00 the actual cost to fix 350.00

i should have know the first old man tried to shiest me because he just pencil whipped the quote he gave me..

the first quote started out at 1243..and in that quote he had a figure of 1647... but how do you start a quote of at 1243.00 and then the final cost to fix is 1200.00 especially when you have a fiugure of 1647.00 witin it i will tell you how...this scam artist gave me a "femiale" discount as well as a "thursday" discount...the female discount was 347.80 and the thursday discount was 100.00... he said i had to replace the entire pump but in the same breathe i hear him tell his extra scam artist well the water is moving. so instead of figuring out the problem lets just replace it.

got to the house at 930 this morning and how about the new guy had the water gushing in the yard......surprise surprise surprise the pumps works. he said someone backed into it and knocked the pump into the well.

FURTHERMORE.....its a submersible pump...the new guy said this pump is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PRIMED...it does it itself...he said the other guy should have known that

im sure he knew that he was fricking 103 years old...he just went under the house to "PRIME" it to look pretty.

i still think it was a costly 350.00 considering all they did was pull the pump up and replaced like 18" inches of pvc pipe but i got it done and it didnt cost 1300.00 and thats what matters

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
so i got the well fixed........original quote 1300.00 the actual cost to fix 350.00

i should have know the first old man tried to shiest me because he just pencil whipped the quote he gave me..

the first quote started out at 1243..and in that quote he had a figure of 1647... but how do you start a quote of at 1243.00 and then the final cost to fix is 1200.00 especially when you have a fiugure of 1647.00 witin it i will tell you how...this scam artist gave me a "femiale" discount as well as a "thursday" discount...the female discount was 347.80 and the thursday discount was 100.00... he said i had to replace the entire pump but in the same breathe i hear him tell his extra scam artist well the water is moving. so instead of figuring out the problem lets just replace it.

got to the house at 930 this morning and how about the new guy had the water gushing in the yard......surprise surprise surprise the pumps works. he said someone backed into it and knocked the pump into the well.

FURTHERMORE.....its a submersible pump...the new guy said this pump is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PRIMED...it does it itself...he said the other guy should have known that

im sure he knew that he was fricking 103 years old...he just went under the house to "PRIME" it to look pretty.

i still think it was a costly 350.00 considering all they did was pull the pump up and replaced like 18" inches of pvc pipe but i got it done and it didnt cost 1300.00 and thats what matters
So how much pipe did he have to pull and then return to the well. neither job is real easy and the well men here get $100 just to come out to look at the job and they will not give an estimate until they have had their look-see. Don't ask what I had to pay to repair a pump 1400 feet down. It was enough that That I didn't have to think long when he asked if I wanted a new pump $625.25 or repair the old one. I think he was honest because he kicked back $200+ when he sold the repaired pump to someone with a shallow well and could to afford the risk of my old pump failing. Maybe I just got the shaft! [little well humor that I couldn't resist]~gd

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
must of not been far because you could see it in the well. i paid someone 100 to come look at it. the one i paid 100 to is the shiesty one that told me the pump had to be REPLACED. WHICH IT DID NOT NEED TO BE REPLACED. yeah the "honest" one gave me all kinds of discounts but wanted to replace a pump that didnt need to replace.

the real honest one figured out that the pump had fallen in the well.. and actually fixed the problem.

i think you got the shaft...yours probably didnt need to be replaced but needed to be fixed. you could have saved alot of labor cost.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
must of not been far because you could see it in the well. i paid someone 100 to come look at it. the one i paid 100 to is the shiesty one that told me the pump had to be REPLACED. WHICH IT DID NOT NEED TO BE REPLACED. yeah the "honest" one gave me all kinds of discounts but wanted to replace a pump that didnt need to replace.

the real honest one figured out that the pump had fallen in the well.. and actually fixed the problem.

i think you got the shaft...yours probably didnt need to be replaced but needed to be fixed. you could have saved alot of labor cost.
Well your story does not make a lot sense or you just don't understand wells. you said it was a
submersible pump which it pretty much would have had to be, a pump can only suck water 32 feet up but it can push water quite a way. and a submersible pump needs water to cool it. So the whole thing about someone backing into and the pump fell in the well doesn't make a lot of sense. and you can not repair a pump while it is down the shaft. So you haul the thing up and the pipe with it and either repair or replace it on the surface either way you have to get it back in the water. That young lady is a lot of work so don't be telling me I could have saved a lot of the labor cost. Now I understand why you were offered a female discount, the old guy knew he was dealing with a fo.. ~gd

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dont you know I go around blogs and make up stories about wells..GOSH its so much fun..how about i will give your know it all ass the numbers of the people i used and you can discuss it with them...no one ever wants you to chime in on anything...

better yet i will tell you the names of the company and you can google them for the number

rj shumpert well repair
sharpies well repair

both located in orangeburg / calhoun county sc

call someone who cares about you needing further explaination

might want to have someone come repair your crystal ball...it probably fell into its stand..now that little lady is really hard work and probably not doable by you..make sure you ask for your "female" discount.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
Dont you know I go around blogs and make up stories about wells..GOSH its so much fun..how about i will give your know it all ass the numbers of the people i used and you can discuss it with them...no one ever wants you to chime in on anything...Tough, actually the first reply to your OP told you what needed to be done

better yet i will tell you the names of the company and you can google them for the number

rj shumpert well repair
sharpies well repair

call someone who cares about you needing further explainationI don't need explaination your story says it all

might want to have someone come repair your crystal ball...it probably fell into its stand..now that little lady is really hard work and probably not doable by you..make sure you ask for your "female" discount.
What does a crystal ball have to do with anything? your ranting was about a female discount or did you forget that elijahBOY? don't worry I will not reply to any more of your posts for help. ~gd

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
THANK GOODNESS

~gd said:
elijahboy said:
Dont you know I go around blogs and make up stories about wells..GOSH its so much fun..how about i will give your know it all ass the numbers of the people i used and you can discuss it with them...no one ever wants you to chime in on anything...Tough, actually the first reply to your OP told you what needed to be done

rj shumpert well repair
sharpies well repair

call someone who cares about you needing further explainationI don't need explaination your story says it all

What does a crystal ball have to do with anything? your ranting was about a female discount or did you forget that elijahBOY? don't worry I will not reply to any more of your posts for help. ~gd

Status
Not open for further replies.