Were in for an adventure!

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My advice is don't stop at 3. You know that old saying, "Two's company, three's a crowd"? Well...it's an old saying because it's true. I had three boys and regretted stopping at three all these years hence....any two of them at home got along, but as soon as the third came back, FIGHT. Didn't matter what combination of two, they seemed to get along just fine...but add the third and it was constant squabbling and it still is, now that they are grown.

My eldest has two girls and are awaiting the third and then they plan to stop...and I keep telling them they are crazy for not having at least one more. Pairs play WAY better than trios.
This is my only viable pregnancy and most likely the only one I’ll have. DH has a 13 year old boy so the age difference has me concerned

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agree with NH's advice! Hope you feel wonderful throughout. My first pregnancy was tough - my second was a pleasure. They're all different and I hope yours is great! I'll bet the 13yo will be ok. On one of the sister forums to this site a young man who has recently graduated high school has a brand new little brother and he is smitten!

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My advice? Try to enjoy it, especially if you're not likely to have another one. The 13 year old boy shouldn't be an issue, he'll likely want nothing much to do with a baby!

Follow your doctor's/midwife's advice, rest while you can, and enjoy it. I hate being pregnant and struggled to enjoy it with both of mine, but the second the baby arrives it will blow your mind.

(from the lady who had a baby a week ago!)
Congrats on the new addition