What about razors???

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
girl i watched the youtube video today and tried it for the first time today and LOVED IT too. I think i will try a silk thread cause i guess i have a heavy hand and kept popping the thread

Occamstazer said:
Just tried threading. HOW did I not know about this before? It is the greatest thing ever!
My face is so smooth and my brows are perfect now :D

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried threading a while ago, and it just did not work for me. It hurt a lot, and I had trouble getting the hairs I wanted out. I also hate tweezing, so lets just say that my eyebrows are on the bushy side now! I'm happy that this works for someone, though. :p

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well i will tell you i found that it did not work good for the brow hairs that were not maintained but once i cut them with scissors first it worked well

hennypenny9 said:
I tried threading a while ago, and it just did not work for me. It hurt a lot, and I had trouble getting the hairs I wanted out. I also hate tweezing, so lets just say that my eyebrows are on the bushy side now! I'm happy that this works for someone, though. :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, I'll fess up. Things get pretty hairy around here.... :gig

I do have some vanity, and will shave on occasion in the summer when my legs will show, but not for around the house and yard. I love longish gauzy skirts so can get away without shaving a lot. I also love shorter, knee-length straight skirts so....

The pits are another issue. I don't find braidable pit hair attractive on either sex....but I only shave daily during tank top weather.

It does save a lot on razers.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have found the cheapest and best solution, other than going European, is to shave with every shower. Been doing it for nigh on 16 years now and it's like the waxing and such, I don't have as much hair now and it's very fine and light.

So, now days I only shave once in awhile, as my hair has been conditioned not to grow I guess.

If you are thinking, "What a drag to do this every time!" it sort of gets in your routine and it's like weeding the garden....much quicker and easier if done often.

I like the Lady Schick disposables. I can make one last for a couple, three months or more, as the weeds are now almost nonexistent.

I started this one day when my middle son, age 4 at the time, climbed in bed to snuggle one morning and cried out, "MOM! Your legs are hurting me!" :lol:

After that, I shaved every day and it became like brushing one's teeth....just part of my hygiene routine. Doesn't take but a minute to cover all the areas after you've done it this long! ;)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I cheat about this.
When I was a teen, I probably shaved the legs and pits almost every day. Maybe it was the newness of everything. That was crazy. I was living in jeans, so nobody could even tell the difference.
Finally figured out that the more I messed with it- the faster it came back. Broke the cycle that winter. I wore pants mostly and let them get some stubble. Still shaved the pits, but when actually needed, not daily.
The growth rate slowed down and my body remembered that I was a blond and had naturally fine hair. Now when I shave my legs, they stay smooth at least a week. The new growth isn't obvious for almost two. The pits need it weekly now.

Waxing lasts about a month on the legs, but I wont torture myself waxing the other spots. Tried it once. The memories will last a lifetime. :hide I have a rechargeable shaver and it's pretty good. Disposable razors last me a long time too.

BTW- Hubby doesn't care about it as long as I'm less hairy than him.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The Wife shaves her junk every shower. The only time she has ever complained is when she nicks herself. Last time, she nicked her shin, she bled like a stuck pig. :gig :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
And he finds this funny :rolleyes: ........sadistic so-and-so ...... :rant :tongue

Poor woman is making her legs smooth for you and you are laughing at her pain~I'm tellin'!!! :tongue :plbb :bun

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I kissed it and made it better. :D See I'm not such a bad guy. :lol: