What Are Some Of Your Favorite SS Forums,Omitting This One..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
any forum has a diverse member user group.

no one will ever always agree, but for most part, we are 'low key' when it comes to hot issues.

Some forums I have been on have been down right raunchy with cuss words and flaming....so while we all might have the 'gruff' in our voices while explaining our views, in the end we do all get along. Key is knowing when to back off and keep it civil without too much darn trouble.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thanks Free and Ohiofarmgirl...when you said its against the rules Free, i was like, you gotta be kidding me..! Then when OFG explained in her fantastic reply that, the SS forum is a buisness, not a not for profit thing, it became clear to me.Think what you will of my spin on this, but if its a buisness, its about money and politics and even power..
So now i understand why certain people are picked as moderator by the owners of this forum and perhaps others, they basically conform and fit to the liking of their buisness model.So now i can see why this SS forum is run the way it is, and find it disappointing.However for the most part i like this place, most folks are very pleasant and helpful.There are a couple around i don't agree with much, and don't care for their style,but it is, what it is..Thank you again OFG for explaining things as they are,learned some new stuff from your reply.You'd make a great mod., because your talented with your words and explaining,and don't talk down at people, thats important for folks who don't entirely understand the workings of forums.I understand that when you get a mix of people , like we have here, problems can arise in certain topics.Concerning my recent nuke threads, with a very few exceptions, i feel the dialogue was very civil , informative and important stuff to consider.However,moderators rule, sooooo..:) Peace

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh geez, thanks Kev, and everyone!

but golly i'd be a terrible mod. i swear like a drunken sailor and i've been known to carry an axe
;-)

i think we've all learned a lot here and there is a great sense of community. its worth it to color within the lines - a ton of benefits for everyone.

:)

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
LOL...OFG your a true gem, ax and all..:)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Especially with the axe ;)

I love the fact that I disagree with a huge portion of people and it doesn't matter. We (rarely) bad mouth one another and when we do it gets a fast smack down LOL. People try to stay respectful and there is most certainly a LOT of agree to disagree, but here's all the info so you can make your own decision. Which I like.

I love discussions. Not so big on arguments.

:)

And welcome to our crazy little corner of the world.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The thing you need to ask yourself when you join a forum is what do I want to get out of this place, and what do I want to contribute to it? For instance, if I wanted to promote PETA ideas (not that I do), I sure wouldn't join a hunting forum! Sometimes people will join, then find that they're not getting what they're looking for for any one of a number of reasons. At that point in time, you need to step back and ask yourself, is it worth the aggravation to stay, or would I be happier elsewhere? I've done that w/different forums. Some I've stayed on, others I've left.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My husband belonged to forums for years and I never "got" it. Then I found how useful Backyardchicken was for me when we got our new chickens, I discovered a whole new way of learning.

This style suits me really well as I've lost most of my hearing and I can hear all of you loud and clear! And I have found my favorite online friends here at THIS forum and rarely check any others any more. It is a good blend of my interests because I'm not just about whole foods, or about goats, or about ducks, or chickens or dogs. I'm trying a whole lifestyle out here and everyone here is so helpful.

I'm glad we have rules and moderators. Groups of people can get out of hand. I am sure I will never agree with each and every decision but I am one of those people who can agree to disagree.

I also have to nod my hat to OFG, because she suggested that I come and hang out here when I was a little beat up at a different forum, and she was right.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So now i can see why this SS forum is run the way it is, and find it disappointing.
Are you new to forums? I have been on forums for years and this is not unusual. Most are privately owned and not some kind of charity. Running a forum costs money and time.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I've never seen an unmoderated forum that is long-term capable of civilized discussion... they get taken over by the foulmouthed ranting wingnuts and then everyone else wanders off.

This (and Rob's other forums, its sister sites) are by a considerable margin the best-behaved most civilized places I've seen online - while still having actual good vigorous discussions. Not that I have been around SO much (online), but, still.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.