What Are Some Of Your Favorite SS Forums,Omitting This One..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
No,i'm not entirely new to forums.And what if i were...? Just because it cost money and time to run one, yeah, what...? Yes, it's disappointing to see that a forum has to have the influnece of money, power, blah, blah ,blah....thats my opinion...you have yours...okay...!

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
money and power? I don't think it's about power, but they are running a business. Why does that disappoint you? They can't very well operate this as a charity.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Well, this is interesting...! After your comments in the recent threads i posted, i find it amusing and twisted, that YOU speak of,"The most civilized places i've seen online"...give me a break...!

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that someone is defensive ? I have never seen anyone on here that has power trips and as for money..... Well nothing is free, it cost time ,skill, or money to do lots of things so why is that disappointing??

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WoW!!! This site has finally gotten big enough to have this discussion. I have used forums since I was in collage back 1996. Most I've been to have always been civil. Most people honor the rules asked of them. Like most forums there is a base of regulars that set the tone of the forum. But time always changes that too. Be respectful and civil. We are all looking to educate ourselves with the help of our cyber community.

Ask yourself this?? Would you be willing to take the same negativity you have for a thread or topic on a forum as you would at a real town meeting??

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Well, i said i like almost all the folks here and there sharing.Why disappointed, because thats what i feel, when i learned how this forum is run..thats my opinion.. They can run on donations...yes..? You have your opinion Chicken something, I have mine.
Business in America is almost always about money and power, not always about doing whats rights.Lets stop it now...!I've said my piece, lets it go.We need not to be stopped again by a moderator...If you disagree, oh well...as you know who would say, " I'm finished here..."

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Business in America is almost always about money and power, not always about doing whats rights
As a small business owner all I can say is :rolleyes:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
People come and go. Those that know will always flow. :hugs

I've been kicked off my share of sites for REALLY expressing my feelings about issues and topics. O BOY HAVE I!! I found rather than ranting and bithing about things I see around me. I chose to run for a local gov seat and I did. I even won. ran 2 terms. A lot of good things came out of my concerns. :) I didn't have all the answers but I shared my concerns about issues. As a husband, father, business owner, involved parent at local public schools, grange member, and known for helping people in need. I found this to be the most productive way to vent my concerns. :) Real life application.

:duc It's easy to sit and type

THEFAN of reality.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Thank you, The Fan. That is the way to make true change in government, get involved.

I spent a few years visiting city hall meetings at a city where I lived and wanted to see some change. There were so few people attending, my friends and I made a "difference" in the choices they made, as the council members knew we would be there and asking questions.
One of my friends later became a city councilwoman and I know the time and dedication it took her!

It is nice when someone has the courage of their convictions and gets involved.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
Well, this is interesting...! After your comments in the recent threads i posted, i find it amusing and twisted, that YOU speak of,"The most civilized places i've seen online"...give me a break...!
We do try to avoid attacks around here. That's really bordering on too rude.

TheFan - that's great!!! Most people are big about words and zero on application. :woot

Status
Not open for further replies.