What Are You Doing Today?

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My day starts at midnight since I work from midnight to 8am.

work
drive home 20 min
feed chickens
cook and breakfast for my sister and neice
help bathe and dress baby
sleep at 10am
wake up at 5pm
check chickens
gather eggs
clean coop
let chickens out to forage
cut and split wood with hubby
cook dinner at 8:30pm
eat with family
do dishes and straighten house
lie down for a bit with hubby
get ready for work at 11pm and drive to work.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow share
how do you like night shift? Tony did it for many years and when he got day shift he knew he never wanted nights again.

I never worked nights. Did you adapt well to it? Some people have a hard time with it? Just wondering....

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we are going to the Covered Bridge Festival and Knoebels Amusement Resort near by. I dont usually buy much but its just like a big craft fair, lots of food and some of the park rides are open. Its a nice breezy fall day for it.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:| We have to go grocery shopping and buy feed - its almost a whole day affair as town is so far away.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Going to the city to sing up and pay for a woman's devensive handgun class that starts next fri.!!! DH bought me early Christmas presents for the class. A beautiful concealed holster that is so comfortable you barely feel it. Some cool mag holders and a great leather belt, as well as all the ammo and mags I'll need.

DH went hunting this morning. It was opening day for rifle for deer season here. He didn't see any but saw plenty of signs including a deer bed. He also was surprised by a bear!! He came home all stoked!!

Other than that we will be splitting and stacking firewood, cleaning the coop, DGD and I will be making ornaments(after she does her chores and plays with the puppies.)

Monica

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ain't big on hunting, but don't get me wrong, I sure eat them.

I love Tony's stories of the hunt and what he sees out there and the little deer and critters and idiot people who walk thru our woods and such...HA HA---but I absolutely hate the kill shot part of the story. Just never want to hear that part....me sad I know..HA HA

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Today is 10/11. I've got one load of laundry out there drying, another to hang.

I've painted all of the pieces of the nestboxes for the girls - they're 18 weeks old now, with any luck I'll get one or two eggs before the snow flies! :)

Greg has built spacers for the formic acid we have to put on the bees over at Mom's, and used Liquid Nails on the roof shingles that were blowing up in the wind the other day on the coop.

We're off to Mom's, then to Lowe's to exchange the hardware cloth for the coop windows. I can't wait til this coop is done!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There are so many things I need to do.....but I'm not going to! The boys are going to be gone all day and all night.... :ep I am going to laze around in the sun with my dogs, who never get enough attention anymore.

I'm going to putter around in the chicken coop, fixing up a better waterer and some fatter roosts, maybe scatter some real sweet-smelling hay in the floor.

Going to sit and daydream while soaking up the stunning fall colors and blue, blue sky....soak up some Vit. D while I'm at it. Walk around my yard and orchard and just notice things, taste apples from different trees, swing in the swing, watch the chickens play.

Yep! Going to take a day to refuel the batteries with some solar energy and warm, sweet dogs.

Later, I plan to catch up on my phone calls, watch a great movie, pop some popcorn and read a book....who knows? May give my hair an olive oil hot oil treatment, give myself a good foot treatment with epsom salts and creamy balm.

Having a total girl's night tonight....wanna come over and join me? :D

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ive been burning up a pile of tree limbs and old tree knots, and later were having an old fashioned wiener roast with marshmallows and smores. But Tuesday I'll be getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled two of which are impacted. :hit :hit :hit :hit

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Today hummm....
up at 4:45, coffee and cuddles with DH
fried home grown eggs and homemade bread and jam for breakfast
clean chicken coop
walk as one among bucks, does, fawns, bunnies, quail, doves and ravens
make mayo and pack lunch
put out sun tea
homemade yogurt and banana shake for morning snack
off to town to demo art processes for tourists at gallery
home and pick garden for dinner, a veg stir fry with rice that even the dog liked :)
load stove with wood for possible morning fire if necessary
check computer to see if anyone really knows the zen of home made cat box litter
put chickens back in pen with treats and take a bit of time to cuddle them
flake out with cats, dog and DH and enjoy life, to bed by 8:30!
by and by an easy easy day with blessings and no major problems