What Are You Doing Today?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Watered the garden & fed my ladies & gents, while dh fed his ladies & gent(cows & ram).
Started my organic order for this month online.
cooked brunch of homegrown eggs, bacon & toast w/jam.
Scrubbed entire kitchen, cleaned livingrm & familyrm. Dh used the steam mop to mop all those floors.
Cooked pulled pork in the crockpot all day. Made baked beans & french fries(from scratch) to go with the pork for BBQ supper. And a blueberry cobbler w/vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Visited with ds#1 & dgf as they came out for supper & ds played pool with his dad.
Bathed dd & snuggled with her before she went to sleep.
Oh yea, talked to the vet today & found out I have to put my cat down as he has Feline Luekemia. So i've been crying off & on all day.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:aww :bouquet That's really sad. I'm so sorry! I know how you feel and I'm sorry you have to go through this..... :(

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:aww :bouquet That's really sad. I'm so sorry! I know how you feel and I'm sorry you have to go through this..... :(
Thanks, I appreciate that. If he was an onory cat it would not be as hard. But he is so lovable he is a pest! He used to sit on my night stand & watch me sleep! I would wake up feeling someone starring at me & it was him!!!:idunno

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry about your cat :hugs It is so hard to go through that.

We are going to DBIL's to pick up a little old camping trailer that they are giving us. Can't wait! We are alos picking up and dropping off gun things as he is a gunsmith.

When we get home, it will be all the things I/we didn't get done yesterday because we spent too long in the city(YUCK) split wood, clean coop,make decorations, dinner???? something with chicken breasts I think. Need to get online so DGD can use her joanns giftcard for yarn, grammie bought her a knitting loom for her birthday. I need to water when it warms up. It was 25* when I got up this morning!

Monica

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Today is Sunday and I have stuff that needs to be done...laundry. work in the garden, clean out the fridge...but it looks like the kids and I are going out to the punkin patch with BIL & SIL. DH is staying home to work on the car...we have three and only one works, it's heater core went out. DH took it in for an estimate, $500! He said no way...bought the part and the manual for $50, and is in the midst of tearing it apart.

Should be a lovely fall day out at the PP, animals to enjoy, beautiful fall leaves a nice picnic......and the temptation of lots of goodies and rides :rolleyes:

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was looking forward to a nice 3-day weekend (office is closed Mon for Columbus Day - go figure), but I woke up this morning feeling draggy. I worked at the racetrack last night, and I think all the dust from the track got down in my lungs b/c I feel like there's about 1000K sitting on my chest. But I bravely went to the orchard up the road & bought some lovely apples. Made applesauce & apple pie for dessert. Yum! Was going to make applesauce bread & can some tomatoes, but I needed to lay down instead. :( It's frustrating not being able to get done all the things I needed to. But it looks like there's a Paul Newman movie marathon on, so I'll happily watch that. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well I spent a good portion of today chasing my 3 year old out of places he shouldn't be. The final straw was when he climbed up on a cabinet and found our box of matches and lit two of them!! :barnie

I spanked his butt!!!! :thun

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks Monica, I appreciate the hugs. I took him in today & we will be burying him out near the garden as he liked to hide in my asparagus bed & in between the tomato plants.
Pam

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Well I spent a good portion of today chasing my 3 year old out of places he shouldn't be. The final straw was when he climbed up on a cabinet and found our box of matches and lit two of them!! :barnie

I spanked his butt!!!! :thun
There is a time and place for spanking butts and that was definitely one of them;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Thanks Monica, I appreciate the hugs. I took him in today & we will be burying him out near the garden as he liked to hide in my asparagus bed & in between the tomato plants.
Pam
It is sooo hard to go through this, I am feeling for you. We had to put our dog down two years ago and I have to tell you, it was a whole lot different than I would have expected. (me, who can kill and clean an animal for the table no problem...) I cried like a baby, to my husbands utter surprise.
We buried ours under a hydrangia...simply becuase she used to eat them as soon as I planted them and I could never grow one while she was alive...