What Are You Doing Today?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im going to a pig roast and eating like a pig. The I will probably come back and MAYBE clean the duck brooder out. Then the usual chore list.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today Im starting to ready my garden for winter,, building the soil via Lasagna method, putting gravel down around the beds,,, watering our new trees for the last time this season.

also baking bread, making yogurt and spending too much time on the internet.

Husband is working now on construction of the sunroom to the house... its going to be grand!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
This morning I went to the nature center where I do some volunteering for a bird walk. It was a beautiful, cool (cold), crisp fall morning. There was a mist hanging over the lake, and all of the trees were reflected in the lake. Most still have quite a bit of color. I love misty mornings like that, and I would have rather been riding Misty Morning, or gone out in my canoe. I found a crab apple tree out there, never knew it was there, so I grabbed some apples off of it, and we all ate them. Then, I went to the nature center, and showed one of the people were the persimmon trees where. There was no fruit, but I did find some seeds. Now, I need to check them out to see what kind of winter we're going to get.

After I left the nature center, I stopped at the Acme. I got another small turkey. It is now residing in my freezer w/the other one. My hubby said he's not eating any of it, so I'll get just one more, and that will be it.

Right now, I'm taking a break. Then, I have to go out and split some firewood. I'll probably also work on getting the garden ready for fall, and maybe clean the goat pen, as well as the chicken house. Tonight, I'm going to a dinner and concert at church. Guess I probably ought to get a shower b4 I go.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thinking about forgoing the chore list and going to the flea market for a couple hours to see what they have. Then I need to cut some wood for the wood stove I just put on lay-a-way yesterday. I also have a ton of inside chores to do, but hey I have half a day left, right? I plan on procrastinating as long as possible :lol: I think I got a good start, I forgot to set my alarm and overslept about 3 hours. Tonight we have a harvest festival at my kids school to go to :) I always love those things! DH had to work, so it's just me and the kid....maybe we could get into some trouble ;)

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, what I'd LIKE to do is can up some cream of mushroom and chicken soup but that would require a trip to the store and oh yeah, MONEY so that's not happening. The meat chickens need to be moved to larger quarters, though they never move more than a foot or so so I don't know why. Guess I'll help with that and just play with the turkeys for a while.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The nature center sounds awesome. We have one here too and I really love going for hikes there.

Add cut up and bake 2 pumpkins to my list. I forgot about those monsters out on the porch. Oh! And finally put away halloween decor :DYourLinkGoesHere

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am planning on making a huge pot of minestrone soup.

I have a long list of chores, but I am focusing on the soup today.
Hopefully I will also get my bathroom cleaned, maybe pick up some firewood, get (buy) more hay, pay bills, vacuum, dust, laundry, plant my flower bulbs, clean the refridgerator so we have room for good food ;) and more.

But I'll be happy once I get my soup done.

I checked the weather and the rain they prdicted for today isn't going to happen. So I can proctastinate on a few things :lol:

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Took the dog for a long walk this morning. While out, I talked to the guy that runs the weekend "farmer's market" in the park on weekend mornings. He is going to buy my apple butter and sell it. YAY! Did some little chores in the garden. Making queso dip to take to a football gathering this afternoon. Got another batch of apple butter simmering in the crock pot.

Pretty distracted with trying to get used to the idea that my 70 year old Dad called last night to say he just got engaged. Don't get me wrong, I am genuinely happy for him and it is a very good thing. They have lots in common and he hasn't done too well on his own. He sounds so happy for the first time since Mom died 7 years ago and that is a wonderful thing.

But deep down inside, I just want my Mommy. Being a grownup sucks sometimes.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I also made a bread starter too, I hope the ants dont get into it this time.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
This is the first time I have sat down today. DD and I detail cleaned the dining room, living room, and kitchen--wiped down walls, cupboards and all that stuff you usually like to put off. I did three loads of laundry, obviously did the barn chores, baked bread, and a butter cake.

Right now, I am catching my breath, having a coffee, and getting ready to start supper. Then it will be more barn chores, and movie night with the kids, and probably their friends too.

Latest posts