What Are You Doing Today?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what is everyone doing today?

I am in a "no wanna work" mode :lol:

Nicole won those $50 in free movie tickets and I got the coupon book---going to Hickory to see Care Bear Share movie...gotta help the Princess Starglo haha

good thing is it is only 1 hr. so I know she can sit thru that

plus I get a free popcorn but I noticed the last time I went to the movies (don't go much lol) that the popcorn stunk...not like when I was a kid at all--oh well.....

when I get home I have to start making tons of batches of soaps
orders thru the roof but right now not in the mood so off to the matinee I go-----

nice day here---cool but sunny

what is the big saturday for everyone today?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We have our last football game of the season...it is about an hours drive which sort of sucks. We get there an hour early to warm up and review cheers, so with the drive, warm up and the game itself it will be a 5+ hour adventure....followed by dance rehearsals for the cheerleader.

Then we are meeting a group of friends for dinner and to go drop off toys for a local toy drive.

Then bed!

beerman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I am putting rear shocks in my car and they don't make the bolts anymore so I have to improvise, then try to get to the bank so I can buy another used car for the winter (Jeep for $350 neighbor was going to scrap it) then off to work till 11:00 :(

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today we are getting a break for the heat. This week we were topping out in the mid 90's. Today should be more like the high 70's.

I have house chores. Laundry, vacuuming, kitchen etc....

We have the kids clean their rooms on Sat mornings... Folding and putting away clothes, changing sheets and vacuuming.

Then I am building my Chicken Tractor. :weee :ya :celebrate

I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought lumber. I have the brackets. I am not sure about the roof yet. I will decide when I get there. DH is going to rip the 2 x4's into 2 x 2's for me. Then it's just a matter of screwing the whole thing together and stapling on the wire.

I am not sure if I am going to use it for meat birds or raising up some pullets to add to my flock. Maybe both.

This morning my 5yo opened the front door and came running. "Mommy look it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." I love kids.

333_img_2364.jpg

g

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Going to the feed store grand opening then traveling to the in-laws for hubby's b-day lunch then going to my brother's wedding reception. A day on the road basically. But other people are feeding us, so that's OK.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
This morning hubby is changing the oil in one vehicle. I went to the post office to mail off several packages I've been putting off mailing. Then I do believe we're going to head to the Rehoboth Outlets in Rehoboth Beach, DE. I've never been, but there's a Dickie's outlet there and hubby desperately needs new work pants, and of course the kind he likes are hard to find. :D

Then we're going to stop by TSC to pick up some dog food, then possibly see a movie, and possibly get dinner at Chipotle. :drool

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting-

Me and DS are taking a truck load of stuff off to goodwill,after 7 yrs of trying to get him to go though his stuff after moving into the new house,I came home from work the other day and lo and behold he had started with his closet.

Then it is over to a friends apt building in town, the retired residents are having a bake and craft sale,:love love bake sales.

Over to my sissy's to rake leaves, we will use them for bedding in the goat houses and the pig house.

When I get back home I gotta make dog food, laundry and clean that dare coop!

That takes care of saturday, on sunday I will rest by working 4 hrs, and then start getting ready for the next week!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Rake leaves, doing laundry, raking up the mucky duck straw and throwing it on the garden beds....

That should keep me out of trouble for a little while :D

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Taking the kids to a symphony for kids by the LA Philharmonic at the Disney concert hall.

images

Then its lawn mowing, laundry, and I have some houseplants to repot.