What are you doing with leftover turkey?

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Used Theo's idea and made Shepard's Pie last night. Very good and just about finished the leftovers!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ate the last of our turkey yesterday. :/ After reading about the turkey salad, now I wish I had more. I love that stuff.

Simple Life, I agree! I love the old hand grinder I have. Bring on the whole cranberries, add an orange or an apple, some nuts, sugar...good stuff.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I have one last giant sandwich or small meal from the turkey. it is almost over

HEY what is for dinner for Christmas???? :lol:

My bro from NJ can't come. Just got back from Spain on a long family trip and with college for Kev and all he is whooped. He said he is staying home this year so we are on our own.

lasagna and steak on the bbq? yum no need for turkey to feed a crew this year.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We're a big lasagna loving group here!

For Christmas day, we usually do the crock pot stuff (meatballs, even nachos some years, that kind of stuff), veggies and dips, cheese and crackers, some desserts, fruit salads. Simple stuff. I want to enjoy the day, too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that is true. big meal Thanksgiving, more fun at Christmas.

Mom always did a turkey for both. Uh, hardly ever a turkey and then 2 times in a fast row. ugh
but we kids did eat good :lol:

Sometimes the food can't be the focus.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Mmmm... leftover turkey.... wish I had some!

We had turkey the week before Thanksgiving, and I made 2 potpies and soup with the leftovers. I love potpies for using up all of fall's root veggies! They had purple potatoes, onions, garlic, turnips, rutabaga, carrots and delicata squash with a bit of spinach greens. Yum!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Color in food makes it wonderful to me. I love color!!!
that sounds delish Gals

ya know when they do they 'do you eat this junk' the colors are beige and white mostly. ugh
I want color, it is truly life.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Color in food makes it wonderful to me. I love color!!!
that sounds delish Gals

ya know when they do they 'do you eat this junk' the colors are beige and white mostly. ugh
I want color, it is truly life.
I have to admit this being one of my huge motivations for organic veggie growing. I LOVE all the colors and beauty! My kids have often heard me say at a potluck or party, "Get some color on that plate!" which usually means they have bread, meat and potatoes only :D

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We love hot wing pizza. It works well with turkey or chicken. Shred up cooked meat, stir in hooters hot sauce or sauce of your choice. We also add diced up jalapenos. Spread evenly on pizza and top with cheese of your choice, bake till brown. Serve with ranch dressing. :drool
turkey fried rice is also good.
Nancy

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Speaking of pizza, how about BBQ chicken pizza. Works with turkey too! Barbeque chicken, cilantro, mozzarella, olive oil, barbeque sauce, bell peppers, and red onions! I first had it a Brazilian BBQ joint in San Francisco about 15 years ago. I try to make it at least once a summer.

Latest posts