What are you fermenting today?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I just started another batch of pickles. Just some crushed garlic cloves, dry dill and pepper flakes.

I also began fermenting asperagus tonight with the same recipe as the dills. We'll see how they turn out.

K. Tea is still sweet, dark and has even more white colonies accumulating on the surface...not done yet.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
kstaven, would you care to give us your kimchi recipe? I know it is here somewhere, but I can't seem to dig it up.

Dace, don't feel bad, I am beginning to think that my colonies aren't really colonies anymore...just mold b/c they are getting grey and hairy now.

I also got some beets from the f.m. yesterday. I peeled and sliced them and they are now fermenting in a simple salt water brine.

I'll give you a heads up when they are done.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Had some of the fermented salsa this morning while camping. It had a week to "mature". It was a little fizzy and VERY tasty. Amazing how much of the fresh salsa flavor this keeps.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have a bit more than a quart of Hot Portugal peppers, seeded and chopped, fermenting on the counter, next to the kefir that lives there. I have no idea what I will do with them, but meanwhile, they will be available to use "fresh" when I need them. There are lots more in the garden! I was going to ferment them whole, but I need more gallon jars! They are much too big and twisted for the quart antique jars I like to ferment in. Maybe I will do some jalapenos whole later.

I also have three quarts of yogurt in the cooler.