What are you making or fixing this spring?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm building another commision of my EB2-4 (Electric Bass model 2 - 4 string) guitar out of black walnut. I'm about done with it, just need to do the wiring and final setup.
View attachment 7824

Then I'm going to fabricate a steel triple alternator bracket for the veggie hauler. Why??? Well beside the radio and amplifiers, I also want to put on a big electric winch, snow plow & a DC to AC inverter - so I can run electric power tools off the truck. Basically the veggie hauler will become a better work truck than it is now.

WOW. :th God surely gave you talent, CC. That's just beautiful!!! All that talent and purdy hair too...what more could a guy ask for? :D

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW. :th God surely gave you talent, CC. That's just beautiful!!! All that talent and purdy hair too...what more could a guy ask for? :D

Lol... My hair is gone off in the mail. I made it really easy on my daughter in laws friend who cut my hair. #3 on the clippers please. 5 minutes later I had no hair on my head and 10 ponytails in a ziplock baggie. Easy smeazy...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed the glider looks great! The pink is fun.

@CrealCritter that looks like a work of art. Beautiful.

Don't be fooled to much... i made up a bunch of router templates and jigs so I can duplicate the model pretty easily... If all goes according to plan I can make my EB2 model in a flat top and flat back semi hollow body from rough cut sawmill lumber to playable in under 20 hours. Although actual time is about a week for all the different glue ups and finish to dry. Theres still a lot of hand work involved like a lot of wood shaving and fititing and scraping all the binding though. It's most definitely a labor of love.

Last edited:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A year ago I built a playhouse for my grandkids. That became a greenhouse for the winter. This spring, we planted many more fruit trees on the terraces where the playhouse was. Today, we took it apart in sections, and moved the playhouse/greenhouse out of the orchard to the back property line. In the winter, that area gets a lot of sun, and is much better protected from the wind. And the grandkids are a year older, and don't need it as close to the house. And now I have a spot for a second peach tree in the orchard. It was a big job that needed to be done.
tmp_31645-IMG_20180129_110527976915982.jpg

Here's a picture from very early spring. Since then, the entire area in the forefront has been fenced in, and covered with several big round bales of 2 year old hay. Raised garden beds have been filled and planted, and about 15 fruit trees were added to the terraces in back. It's hard to see, but the old neglected fruit trees have also been pruned back pretty severely. And now the play/greenhouse is moved out of that area completely.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A year ago I built a playhouse for my grandkids. That became a greenhouse for the winter. This spring, we planted many more fruit trees on the terraces where the playhouse was. Today, we took it apart in sections, and moved the playhouse/greenhouse out of the orchard to the back property line. In the winter, that area gets a lot of sun, and is much better protected from the wind. And the grandkids are a year older, and don't need it as close to the house. And now I have a spot for a second peach tree in the orchard. It was a big job that needed to be done.View attachment 7833

Here's a picture from very early spring. Since then, the entire area in the forefront has been fenced in, and covered with several big round bales of 2 year old hay. Raised garden beds have been filled and planted, and about 15 fruit trees were added to the terraces in back. It's hard to see, but the old neglected fruit trees have also been pruned back pretty severely. And now the play/greenhouse is moved out of that area completely.

You got a nice little stand of tall and straight hardwoods there. I best not show this picture to my sawmill though.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter, actually, my neighbor has a nice stand of hardwoods. That's the edge of my property. (Although I have been told to cut anything I wanted to.) I have been taking a few of the maple seedlings, and starting new maple on my property. There are two pecan, a magnolia, and a large oak on my property that will be coming down sometime soon.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Honey do today. You know when the wife says "oh honey". We've had this old milk can with it lid which is rusted closed for long time. She's painted it several times over the years. But she wanted to turn it into a end table.

She says I want a round wood top that I can paint so nothing good. I said how big around? She said 3" inches bigger than the lid. I'm like hu? Let.me go get my tape measure. So she decided on 16" diameter. 5 mins later I come out of the shop with a 16" diameter 3/4" thick plywood circle. She's all excited, then she looked at it and said it has a sharp edge, can you 'soften it up" I'm like hu? again, you mean round over the edge. She said yes that it's. So another 5 mins I come back out of the shop with a 16" diameter 3/4" thick plywood circle with a routed 1/4/" round over and she loves it.

But then I ask so how you gonna attach this piece of wood to that steel can? Hummm screws? I said Nah... How about some glue? Ok yeah then you won't have to drill holes in it. So I went back in the shop and grabbed a tube of PL300 and a caulk gun. I ran a thick bead around the lid centered and pushed the wood top into place and she loved it. But i'm still not seeing what she is seeing... Ok a old rusty milk can with a 16" diameter cicle of wood glue to it's lid.

I went to go work in the garden and when I come back up to the house, this is what I saw. Pretty cool i must say... She had the vision that I sure didn't... I'm no fashion bug that's for sure. Amazing what textured spray
paint did after my wife sprayed it to on.
IMG_20180709_243144068.jpg

IMG_20180709_243129020.jpg

Last edited:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very nice!!! May I borrow your wife for a while???

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a can like that! Hmmmm…..my son is a framer & trim out, so I can "maybe" get a top cut. I like the end result!

Tell your wife we like her work. (Oh, the helper is pretty nice, too :lol: She has trained you well!)

Latest posts