What are you wearing

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm bored or rather I don't feel like doing things I should be doing and I don't care.

I was thinking that I often wear a rather strange assortment of clothing, since I usually am not going anywhere, spend most of the time in the back yard and go more for practical than fashionable.

At this very moment I am not too badly attired. I am wearing a faded pair of what once were black jeans that are 2 sizes too large (decorated with spots of chicken poo, grass stains and mud), warm thick cotton socks, a washed out pink t shirt, a burgundy long sleeved tshirt, a pink embroidered cotton vest (also too large) and a too large sweater with a very dated bright floral style pattern on a black background (it was given to me by a friend after his much larger than me mother died, he wanted someone he knew to have her clothes, so he gave a whole lot of them to SO to give to me, I didn't want them )

I have been seen in worn camo pants with a black long sleeved tshirt and pink flowered short sleeved shirt on top.

Yesterday I just pulled my pants on over my pajamas. I often start my day out this way, because it is just too darn cold to take those pj's off to put pants on. This way the pj's do double duty as long johns. I save on doing laundry too, which is good, because I can't dry it outside in the winter when it rains.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
jeans and a sweatshirt.

Everything else - commando

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I never get out of my jammies anymore! Im wearing a rather large pink Budwieser T-shirt and a oversized pair of plaid flannel pants and maroon fuzzy slippers.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have red fuzzy slippers, bootie style and um ... they got chicken poo on them too :rolleyes: And I just washed them :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
still in sweats. its the snow. seriously. its sucking the will to get dressed right out of me.

(in my defense, yesterday i had real clothes and shoes on)

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
still in sweats. its the snow. seriously. its sucking the will to get dressed right out of me.

(in my defense, yesterday i had real clothes and shoes on)
I get ya! I haven't had real clothes on in a least a week,..or has it been two? The only shoes I have had on to go out in since December is my muck boots. They are tall,..like the snow! :plbb

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's boring rain here, and a little bit of hail mixed in, so I came home from work, ran back and forth to bring wood inside for the next two days... then peeled off the (now) wet dress pants and blouse to change into sweats and a hoody, fuzzy socks and insulated slippers :) mmmm... perfect

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Isn't is amazing how we manage to do chores in our dress clothes and then they join the farm clothes, because you just permanently stained them! :lol:

I have soo many "farm" clothes...:rolleyes:

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Isn't is amazing how we manage to do chores in our dress clothes and then they join the farm clothes, because you just permanently stained them! :lol:

I have soo many "farm" clothes...:rolleyes:
I got a beautiful orange sweater last month, one of the few things I've ever paid full price for (because I had a gift cert)... it now has a giant black soot stain on the arm where I loaded the wood stove still wearing my nice sweater...

Now I remember why I shop at thrift stores :) I don't feel as bad if my $2 pants get downgraded to farm clothes...