What are your kids doing today?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen a reason for my 4 year old to know that yet. She'll be 5 by breeding season for the goats though and I'll have to tell her the kid friendly version.

FEM that's pretty cool! My daughter doesn't tend to be squeamish but we'll see... I imagine she'll be helping with kidding!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I went visiting a friend in S.A. while his grandkids were visiting. One of their male dogs was all over one of the females and they clearly asked about it… We were outside talking when the dog got at it again and one of the little girls shouted "Granddad, granddad, Snoopy's doing the rain dance again!" Granddad looked might uncomfortable and let him down horribly by bursting out laughing!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
DS started almost flirtatiously greeting me with a "Hey, beautiful" and a megawatt smile. Don't ya just love it when your kids practice their lines on you?

:D:smack

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah they have to start somewhere. DS who is 15 and his friends strut around like peacocks shirtless trying to show off those muscles. My granddaughters all practice their flirting skills with their daddy's or Grandpa.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
DS who is 15 and his friends strut around like peacocks shirtless trying to show off those muscles.
Oh gosh, this morning and what muscles? Very proud of them too, patting himself a bit too enthusiastically on the chest this morning, decided that hurt and then sweetly asked me if I'd mind if he punches the door instead to show off :th:love

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL! DS10 isn't into girls yet, but he's quite proud of the muscles he has gained from stacking wood. :motivation:

DS10 is taking a practice ACT this morning for baseline. His tutor told him no test prep until he takes a practice test.

DS2 has been binging on ipad games. I got tired of him taking mine out of the case to play with it. I had another I'd bought for DS10, who hasn't been responsible enough to use it, so I loaded up the toddler games and disconnected from internet. He wore himself out and is taking a nap. He is making progress on potty training. Not so much peeing on the floor, and 4 - 6 pees in the potty per day. :relief: