What are your kids doing today?

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I took a nap this morning when I laid down with Grandson.

Speaking of girls. My sons all decided to start bathing and wearing clean clothes about the same time they got interested in girls. Funny how that works out!

DS12 has gotten awfully spoiled since he broke his leg. He has taken over the TV and worse yet, my recliner. His cast is suppose to come off July 12.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry about the double post.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Speaking of girls. My sons all decided to start bathing and wearing clean clothes about the same time they got interested in girls. Funny how that works out!

Yeah, that's a strange coincidence isn't it? ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We have some type of bird nesting in the roof overhang here and yesterday one of the young ones got a bit too adventurous and ended up in the backyard, where the rooks went after it. I rescued it and brought it in and send DS through the landing window out onto the roof to put it back in the nest. That done he looked at the window and asked me if he can't just jump down to the ground from the roof instead. Ehh… NO?!? lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD just asked me why the rooster grabbed a hen and jumped on her. She said he's being mean and maybe the hen will get mad and do it back to him... Sigh...

Wait til my buck's in rut. This'll be a fun chat.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Farm kids go through birds and bees early. And explicitly. :gig No way around it! :gig

It's okay to not answer. "I'm not going to tell you now." I covered that with DS when he was 8. It was easy because he already had seen animals and connected dots.

There's lots of stuff he asks about that I tell him that I'm not going to tell him until his armpits are hairy. :gig

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I definitely do tell her sometimes that I am not going to answer that until she's older!

She is also very concerned that I am going to have a hard time helping a goat with a difficult kidding because... My hand is too big to go in her mouth to pull the baby out. I just go... Yup maybe! Lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is also very concerned that I am going to have a hard time helping a goat with a difficult kidding because... My hand is too big to go in her mouth to pull the baby out. I just go... Yup maybe! Lol!
OH my!

My grandkids were here last spring break for kidding. My grands have known the whole 'concept' of reproduction, but reality is a little different than a picture in your head. One doe had a problem and I had to go in. The grands were like "ewwwwwww - why do your have your hand up that goat's butt?" I actually took a deep breath and a few seconds to point out the correct anatomy. Got the first kid out and called my grandson over and had him hold the first kid. Got the second one out and had my granddaughter hold the second one. I had them hold 'em upside down to 'drain' while I fished around for any more. They came out of that experience so proud of themselves! They called my daughter and told her how they 'saved the baby's lives'. It was really cool to watch them get over their squeamishness when it came down to saving lives.

'Course they were 8 and 9 at the time... little bit older than yours, lol!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think every kiddo ought to know how things work. My grands that can understand know why the roosters chase the hens. It's because they're 'In Love'!