What are your kids doing today?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Grandgirl 1 is out visiting, helped me doctor the tomcat, who has a warble hole in his face and a load of deer ticks. Hazards of the life, I'm afraid. All fixed up now and we'll see how he goes along.

Tomorrow she'll help me with various chores like rewiring the utility trailer, hauling leaves and wood chips, and planting things in the garden. Then we'll go back to her house and plant things in HER garden too.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
When I taught my kids to cook I taught them that cleaning up the mess was part of it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today it has been raining on and off. So we are helping DH put the tarp on the hoop coop, playing identify the plant and which ones will the goats eat, and when it pours doing fine motor stuff (cutting, puzzles, etc). Or hiding in the not yet occupied turkey coop, lol. The goats are wild today, when it stops raining they're running and jumping (except the herd queen keeps trying to reel them all in, she's far too serious haha

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
0508171304.jpg
Almost done.... Now to add a roost!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sounds awesome NH!

DS10 has been refusing to clean up after himself from last night, lied about it 3x last night, been carrying on for 3 hours this morning. Heaven knows sweeping a floor is just about impossible, and especially difficult after one wipes the crumbs on the counter onto the floor. :crackers:

Was planning on him reading his books this morning. He's excited about the Einstein book. I'm exhausted of his behavior and ready to put him in public school. Anyone else?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine is "rescuing" young birds this afternoon. I told him to PUT IT BACK as the poor thing's parents are out there and will take care of it. Kids! I need to steer him in the direction of his homework soon…

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tah Dah! One turkey tractor (almost) complete! I reached down to pet a doeling this morning and stuck my hand right in a glob of chicken poop - UGH! About to pen up all the chickens to keep em from roosting in the goat barn. Might need to build a chicken tractor or 6 myself, lol. Is that welded wire on the front?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup it is welded wire!

Yeah the rain and not getting outside enough is making DD a little cranky. Unfortunately (or fortunately for embarrassment's sake) our kids are at their worst at home! They wouldn't dare pull some of this stuff at school!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Eldest is flying to Germany as part of her college service project. I trust the college and leaders, and the group she is with, but will be very nervous until she returns home safely. She just graduated with her bachelor's. Dad is a wreck