What breed of goats are these?

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goats aren't that destructive. Just give them stuff to jump on and keep them occupied. They are busy and look for things to do. They should be fine in a large barn for the winter. Not every situation is going to be perfect and sometimes we have to improvise.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL, Karen :lol: Nobody ever told me that. (and I'm just funnin' with ya) I heard so many horror stories.
But really, it's not that hard to keep them if you are prepared. And I think they aren't intentionally destructive - just curious and things happen. Some are worse than others.
Mine took down the plastic I put over the window in the barn within an hour. I guess they liked their house the way it was. It's just things like that...

Those are really cute goats by the way Jen!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would definately say pygmy cross. I have 3..and altho they are "curious" if they have things to climb up on...hay bales..logs...they will be fairly content. Any plastic in the barn should be removed tho...for some reason, they are drawn to it, and WILL get to it...some how...some way! LOL Oh, and don't be surprised to find them IN the loft...at least once! LOL They should be just fine hanging out in the barn for the winter.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I picked up the old Little Tykes and Step 2 stuff from my sisters and a couple things at garage sales and that is what my goats have. They love the picnic tables and the cubes.

If you have a hayloft and the hayloft has stairs, just find a way to block them from it. They will go up the stairs and they may try to jump down. Also if there is anything you DON"T want them to climb on, keep them away from that.

There is nothing more fun than a bunch of goat kids running around and literally bouncing off the walls. :lol: