What can we do?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Stop. Just Stop!

I just finished eating and now I'm hungry again.

Wait don't stop. Tell me more. ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our house was the teenage hang out. I would set a cookie sheet of beer biscuits on the counter, and start another batch. It usually took 2, sometimes 3 batches before everyone got enough.

CJ, party now and have fun. When you have children, that changes and you focus your attentions on your children. That doesn't mean that you stop having fun, you just enjoy life more with your children. You are an extraordinary young woman with good parents that have raised you to be whatever you want to be.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh....a hot day of hauling hay and a beer so cold it has ice slivers is JUST the BEST!!!

I'm another "cheap date" gal ...one glass and can get mouthy. Two and I go to sleep, so. No one to complain now, so I can sleep in the chair. Dog is ok with that.:p

As to the pork dinner, now I will need to cook!!! But, soooo worth it. Of course, you could have brought that up while it was cold weather. I throw wine in a number of things when I'm cooking. Saute mushrooms, butter, wine, add a good steak, just past true rare, grilled onions.......a baked sweet potato, garlic bread. Mmmm.

Boy is THIS off topic or what?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our house was the teenage hang out. I would set a cookie sheet of beer biscuits on the counter, and start another batch. It usually took 2, sometimes 3 batches before everyone got enough.

CJ, party now and have fun. When you have children, that changes and you focus your attentions on your children. That doesn't mean that you stop having fun, you just enjoy life more with your children. You are an extraordinary young woman with good parents that have raised you to be whatever you want to be.

I'm glad you think that of me. Thank you.

Mini. I don't generally get fancy with meals. But you caught my eye with the mention of wine.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh....a hot day of hauling hay and a beer so cold it has ice slivers is JUST the BEST!!!

I'm another "cheap date" gal ...one glass and can get mouthy. Two and I go to sleep, so. No one to complain now, so I can sleep in the chair. Dog is ok with that.:p

As to the pork dinner, now I will need to cook!!! But, soooo worth it. Of course, you could have brought that up while it was cold weather. I throw wine in a number of things when I'm cooking. Saute mushrooms, butter, wine, add a good steak, just past true rare, grilled onions.......a baked sweet potato, garlic bread. Mmmm.

We musta been separated at birth, lol! Cold beer, rare steak, mushrooms, grilled onions... OMG! Can't get much better than that!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fighting talk before I bailed on you all this week :hide I have a lot of catching up to do, but I will. Week's been absolutely crazy in-between renewing my permission to remain here on Monday and a hospital visit today. I think about half of it went on (thank you so much for that!) FB putting BYC's group on the JOIN THIS GROUP rotation this week and us getting swamped with 1000's of people trying to do just that :thAfter stalking many, many, many random strangers over the last few days trying to suss out if they're going to be trouble in our group or not, I'm on a FB detox at the moment.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh and I've taken delivery of a <rude word> of a game hen (Aseel cross) and 11 chicks about 3 days ago.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats on the chicks.