What Did You Dehydrate Today?

You Can Homestead

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I sliced my cherry tomatoes when I dehydrated them. Makes them nice for adding to salads and stuff. They also dehydrated really dry and crispy. Getting down to the last of them now.
I like the sounds of crispy cherry tomatoes for salads and other dishes. Will have to give that a try.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Removed the dried plum tomatoes from trays....refilled with green peppers. 👍😁. Got those out of the way.....and put a qt of chopped ones in freezer. Some of the dehydrated tomatoes will be ground, later. I like to snack on them straight from dehydrator. Excellent flavor treat.

I like frozen peppers, garlicand onions as I use then when frying/sauteing for various dishes. Lots of options -- canned, frozen, dehydrated.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some frozen ears that I'll not probably use as roasters -- froze to not have to process at that time. Might dehydrate those. 🤔 It's sure a space saver! Doesn't take much longer to cook up either. Mostly I use in combo with, as soups...so no extra time. It can stay in freezer for another 10 days until I have some home time. 🤣. I'll grab a bag of blueberries and make more jam then, too. Free up space

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The free sweet corn
20220829_114342.jpg