20220627_120013.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220627_121329.jpg
    20220627_121329.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 77

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The onions turned out perfectly, 2+ days and no sign of moisture in the sealed zip top bags, without desiccant packets.

Between the humidity and rain possibly slowing things down, I doubled the run time (24 hours) and cranked the temp up from 145 to 165 degrees for the last six hours.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I haven't used mine in several months but, produce will be coming. Y'all talking about timers, temps, fans on your units made be start looking. Oh, I'm still using my old $8 one with no controls just manual use. But I ordered a much newer one to go alongside 😊. NOT the wonderful and expensive named ones...but will suffice and good reviews. On sale at $90. Cannot have figs ready and no dehydrator! 🤣. A stackable model with temp, timer controls...and a fan. All I need as I do fruits and veggies. 🤷 Plus 8 trays , other just 4....that's 12 all together!! :lol: I'll be in high cotton, as they say.

Of course, ordered oxygen thingies and the moisture ones???? Yeah...you've cost me $$$. Thankfully I'm stocked with bags and two vac sealers and the jar lid suction attachment. I'm wondering if I needed all but on the way! I have dehydrated elderberries from last yr. In a jar, alone, doing very well..... :lol: :clap :old

I want to try some veg chips this year. Maybe some dog treats for DD dogs. 😊 I have a mandolin for fine slicing the potatoes. Love the sweet potato ones, not the bag price. This will be useful....l buy cases of sweets on sale in fall.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I haven't used mine in several months but, produce will be coming. Y'all talking about timers, temps, fans on your units made be start looking. Oh, I'm still using my old $8 one with no controls just manual use. But I ordered a much newer one to go alongside 😊. NOT the wonderful and expensive named ones...but will suffice and good reviews. On sale at $90. Cannot have figs ready and no dehydrator! 🤣. A stackable model with temp, timer controls...and a fan. All I need as I do fruits and veggies. 🤷 Plus 8 trays , other just 4....that's 12 all together!! :lol: I'll be in high cotton, as they say.

Of course, ordered oxygen thingies and the moisture ones???? Yeah...you've cost me $$$. Thankfully I'm stocked with bags and two vac sealers and the jar lid suction attachment. I'm wondering if I needed all but on the way! I have dehydrated elderberries from last yr. In a jar, alone, doing very well..... :lol: :clap :old

I want to try some veg chips this year. Maybe some dog treats for DD dogs. 😊 I have a mandolin for fine slicing the potatoes. Love the sweet potato ones, not the bag price. This will be useful....l buy cases of sweets on sale in fall.
Any thing else we can do to enable you?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
🤔😋😁. I'll be watching y'all for recipe ideas.

Saw a u tube where a lady made sour cream powder by dehydrating the sour cream, then in blender to powder. I want to dry paprika type peppers and powder...if the planted seed sprouts! I loved the plum tomatoes I did last yr and planted lots so I could both dry and can some. They were a tasty snack.

Sure I'll use it more with less baby sitting....