What Did You Dehydrate Today?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dehydrated most of those onions and it's amazing how it shrinks down and doesn't take up much room. But, having caramelized onions ready to go is worth all the tears, lol!

DH asked if I wanted to make another run to the Farmers Market - nope! Maybe next year, lol.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I dehydrated most of those onions and it's amazing how it shrinks down and doesn't take up much room. But, having caramelized onions ready to go is worth all the tears, lol!

DH asked if I wanted to make another run to the Farmers Market - nope! Maybe next year, lol.
These onions are awesome just as a snack!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
These onions are awesome just as a snack!
They really are. I made some soup yesterday using some dehydrated onions and mushrooms. I had to stop myself from munching on too many of the onions! The mushrooms weren't as tasty dry - but they were great when they were rehydrated.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Last of the onions dehydrating, about a half tray of jalapeños slices (spears) for grinding up later.

The cherry tomatoes were planted for the wife. She has eaten one....one. so I have a tray of cherry tomatoes also in the dehydrator. I will take them to crumple up to add to chili or spaghetti sauce when eating.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Last of the onions dehydrating, about a half tray of jalapeños slices (spears) for grinding up later.

The cherry tomatoes were planted for the wife. She has eaten one....one. so I have a tray of cherry tomatoes also in the dehydrator. I will take them to crumple up to add to chili or spaghetti sauce when eating.
The garage smells wonderful

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can cherry tomatoes whole. Just fill as many into the quart jar as you can fit, fill with hot water and waterbath can for 15 minutes.
I use them for "Tomato Rice" which is just a ragu of fresh veggies and rice. Use the liquid from the jar instead of water for the rice. They don't add much of a tomato taste to the sauce, so add tomato paste or dehydrated tomato powder but they sure look nice, lol.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I can cherry tomatoes whole. Just fill as many into the quart jar as you can fit, fill with hot water and waterbath can for 15 minutes.
I use them for "Tomato Rice" which is just a ragu of fresh veggies and rice. Use the liquid from the jar instead of water for the rice. They don't add much of a tomato taste to the sauce, so add tomato paste or dehydrated tomato powder but they sure look nice, lol.
Thought about doing that, but canning fatigue overruled me. 😀
Maybe next batch!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wife is excited
received_1445871555889076.jpeg

Latest posts