What did you do in the berry patch today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I recieved my order of 200+ Northern Highbush Blueberry seeds today along with Highbush Blueberry Growing Instructions. Now I have the info needed to sprout Highbush blueberry seeds. I'm just about ready to sow them into 72 cell flats 👍

Hope you can read, good instructions on starting and growing from seed.
IMG_20220827_234438143~2.jpg

IMG_20220827_234457650~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd love a patch of blueberry bushes but between goats and chickens, the chances for survival of plant -- or picking fruit would require a Fort Knox fence and guards. 😔. I've lost two fig and 2.5 apple trees.....that were fenced!! 😥. One apple tree (the half) was broken and I left it. Sprouts came up. Not sure if from tree or root stock. So far those are growing and I'm waiting. 🤷

I have elderberries growing in a couple patches here on the farm. They're wild seeded and do well, so long as I keep the goats from them. There are LOTS of new plants each year. I've fenced off the best 2 patches. Beautiful berries this year. Maybe I should pot some plants to sell 🤔

So I pick fruit from local farms if wanted. This year I lucked out and got free blueberry picking!! Plus my friends figs from her trees/bushes...those I get each year. She gets free eggs all year.🤗. Blackberries are wild but small and not really sweet like cultivated varieties. Goats keep the wild blackberries in check. I just go outside the fences.

Amazing how they eat those blackberry leaves and leave a thorny vine!!😳