Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, everyone is going great guns. I did NADA in the garden today. But, I went to visit a friend, and she took me up on her ridge to pick fiddle heads. Then, she gave me some horseradish. Some to process, and some to plant. Looking forward to having some of my own plants. I really don't use much horseradish, but... it will be nice to have my own plants!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
what, exactly, do you use that much squash for?

We shall see! :lol:

I do like it a lot -- chickens & goats will eat it -- give aways.

It's more like this...I have a HUGE garden plowed (100X100) and a lot of older seed. I made hills, poked holes and added seed -- will transplant as they get some size. Garden excess can normally find a home. LOL

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
winter squash we made the mistake one year of planting way too many. in the end i have five wheelbarrows full of squash to either process or give away as we don't have that much storage space. it turned out ok, but we sure don't plant that many any more. :) i much rather have an excess of dried beans or peas or things which store easily. besides i'm pretty much certified bean crazy. :)

we have been taking some time to remove a few wasted pathways (didn't ever make sense to have them where they were and i spent a lot more time weeding them than any of the surrounding gardens put together). this will give us some extra space for tomatoes, beans, etc inside the fenced gardens. takes time to rinse the dirt from the gravel and i should be working on my other projects now but ...

hopefully picking up garden starts today from the greenhouse.

otherwise very busy when the weather is cooperating and even now when it isn't... :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm just at being excited about new sproutings! :D

Walking in there I noticed a couple areas that wanted to turn back into pasture! Thought about it at work and decided to disc it again when I got home -- so I did! Only took about an hr start to finish.....maybe 1/2 that time was getting equipment in & out.

Time well spent, as rain to start Sun thru Wed....that would have made a mess. Tomorrow I'll rake out the grass root clumps from those areas. Then hope to row & plant some corn, limas, transplant started things.....try to catch up with FEM! :lol:

Then I can go to work next week while it rains!