Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raked, rowed, raked, rowed -- repeat, repeat! Piles of dead roots, which I'm going to fire up with my Devil propane thing, along with any grass sprigs that think they want to grow again.!

Then planted in those rows .. 4 rows of sweet corn, 4 rows limas, planted 15 started tomatoes -- more to go if they survive the trim my goat gave them! -- prepped for 15 pepper plants, just could not make myself get them in the ground. Every muscle is sore!!! Could barely stand up straight. I probably won't be able to get out of bed in AM.

Gardening is a tough job! No wonder people just buy at store.

I showered, sat for a few, ate, took Aleve and went on a feed run. Home, unload, feed -- snatched a few goat kids and wormed them. Made sure the new trips had full tums...back in, shower again! I'm so ready for bed -- right after another Aleve. Already know I need it. :th Better put water & another pill by bed for morning.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you recovered quickly. Some of those sore muscles give you a good feeling of a job well done - but some of 'em just hurt, lol!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Watering a lot of watering. Our landlord was supposed to come by 2 weeks ago and get our pump going for us. So I have been watering from the house spicket. We haven't been able to get our lawnmower started either so I haven't had much to put down in the soil is been drying out way too fast. Fun times.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here - every day thru Sat we will have "some rain". Today was misty to light sprinkles -- actually good garden type. Maybe 1.5" total al week. Overcast, obviously, so good for seed sprouting, 60-70 tmps

My goats discovered they would not die if they got a little wet! LOL Not happy with wet grass tho. Devoured the hay I tossed to them.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nothing today or yesterday. way too much rain. about 6 inches over the past four days with 4 or more of that happening yesterday on top of already soaked ground. so flash floods and flood warnings came out. water over the road (only the second time that has happened since i've been living here). no bad damage i can tell, but i hate seeing all that water flowing away so quickly. i have things set up here to mostly capture the first inch or two of a downpour, but with this clay beyond that it has to have other places to go to soak in. i have some of those too set up, but not any larger tanks that would be good to be able to fill with mostly clean water coming off the roof and all this gravel mulch. i would love to have a big underground tank to fill up. rain water would be nice to be able to use for laundry and flushing toilets and for watering the gardens instead of using well water... daydreams... :)

we got all the pathways taken out and i rinsed all the dirt from the gravel in time before the rains started up. it feels so nice to have that part of the job done. to have all that space will be back since we have 38 tomato plants instead of the 21ish i was planning on...

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Nothing. It just rained for 24 hrs. I have water standing between potato ridges and a small river cut through my bean patch and cucumbers. Oh well.

Latest posts