Self-Saver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi! I’ve spent some time chopping blackberries also and I feel your pain.
Im trying to get my plot ready to plant by getting some mulch laid out ahead of major planting.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Himalayan blackberries are a nasty invasive here. It's a never ending battle. Hard to win against a weaponized opponent who grows canes 30+ feet long.

Self-Saver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Those sound horrible! Mine weren't that big, but they were definitely prolific. Glad they're gone!

Self-Saver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Those sound horrible! Mine weren't that big, but they were definitely prolific. Glad they're gone!

TnMtnHm

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Picked and ate some juicy rhubarb, scuffed up some weed seedlings out of the wood chips, fashioned a new garden gate out of an old section of picket fence.

It frosted heavy here last night and supposed to do it all again tonight, but nothing looks the worse for wear out there. The lettuce and other greens seem to love this cold weather, of course.
In Tennessee today we replanted to skips in out English peas and pulled weeds!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haven't even started anything here. Too much rain early on to work the ground. Then, too many work hours. Hoping everything comes together during next two weeks!! I need it to do so. Half through with a big pasture replace fence project ... A priority. Planning to get that done Sun and Mon....Then to the garden!!!! In between, need to mow the grass in my yard area. Busy, busy.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ive not done too much this weekend either, some light weeding and watering. Its beautiful weather here, but oh so bright! Refilled the ducks paddle pools and picked a whole tub of limes. I might run them over to the pub later, there is no way I can get through that many of them!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was finally able to hook the hose up. Then spent a long while cleaning the chicken waterers so I don't have to haul water every day anymore.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Raked a bunch of rocks out of the garden and laid down weed block in preparation of planting. Seed starts are doing well. Will be repotting the tomato plants soon. Supposed to get a frost this week so waiting.

Last edited:

Latest posts