What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had made 3 rows...yesterday cardboarded, today mulched it. Tomorrow I plan to plant the 3 rows. 😁. It's been raining about 2 hrs now. Early morn I lightly watered new seedings. Prob by weekend, I'll get places worked up to transplant the new plants from those seeds. There will be banana and butternut to last all winter!!! Me and animals.😁😁

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@R2elk Broccoli to me smells like plastic burning,lol Yes, I am very weird,lol Root beer to me tastes like a coke with codeine in it, yuck! I get very sick when I smell marihuana, it makes me so sick that I puck right away. Something might be wrong with me,lol

In 2012, I allowed my hub to get me a salad with the condition that he would not order one for him. I prayed and prayed and closed my eyes and he gave me tomato, yuck, then gave me lettuce, double yuck. Cannot stand the smell of pickles or cucumbers either.

I need to be put on a human washer and tumble me all over,lol

However, I cook with "sofrito" which is nothing but onions, garlic, peppers, cilantro, culantro, and oregano. All in a blander or food precesor and I use it in all of my cooking.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
+1 on raw cauliflower. I prefer it cold vs room temperature. I don't mind it steamed until softened either, just don't prefer it mushy. Although my wife did make mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes once and it was really good 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much yet today, they are saying rain but they are also saying it is going to be spotty-I bet we will be missed because I need to water, lol. LOTS of flowers on the peppers, tomatoes, squash, melons, pumpkins and cukes-pretty soon I will be blessed with a bounty of food! I can't wait--summer and fall are my favorite seasons, I love the weather and the works of preserving food. Need to find a place to go blueberry picking this year, I think there is a patch within an hour drive time, now to find out when picking begins.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blueberries! A friend and neighbor asked me if I wanted to go pick for free! Jumped right on that 😁😁. A friend of hers has a huge row on her property and she can't use even a small portion, so told her come get all she could carry. 😊. Should be ready in couple weeks...I'm excited, to say the least!! Yeah, if as ample as I'm led to believe, I'm there for the day! Pie, jam, frozen. You name it. I'll report after it happens.

Soon my friends figs will be ripening. All mine 👍😋

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@R2elk Broccoli to me smells like plastic burning,lol Yes, I am very weird,lol Root beer to me tastes like a coke with codeine in it, yuck! I get very sick when I smell marihuana, it makes me so sick that I puck right away. Something might be wrong with me,lol

In 2012, I allowed my hub to get me a salad with the condition that he would not order one for him. I prayed and prayed and closed my eyes and he gave me tomato, yuck, then gave me lettuce, double yuck. Cannot stand the smell of pickles or cucumbers either.

I need to be put on a human washer and tumble me all over,lol

However, I cook with "sofrito" which is nothing but onions, garlic, peppers, cilantro, culantro, and oregano. All in a blander or food precesor and I use it in all of my cooking.

how do melons and squash work for you? i'm glad i like most vegetables even if some of them do smell strange to me and a few i have to be careful to have them cooked because raw will cause reactions.