What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife picked peppers while I weeded a potato rows that got away from me. Flushed a snake out of the potato row, I think it was a brown racer. It didn't have a triangle head, so we're good, snake lives on 👍 probably should keep the shotgun close by while in the garden now, just in case one with a triangle head shows up though.

Peppers
1658020993567~2.jpg
1658021016459~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter looks like a lot of pickles or relish or something yummy to can in the nesr future for you.
I helped my wife sort the bell peppers. She said the ones that will stuff and the ones that won't, will becomes diced or sliced, bagged and frozen.

She makes and cans candied jalapenos. I don't eat them much because my stomach can't take much hot anymore :old Most all our grown kids really like them. That's why she continues to make them. I grow jalapenos every year and rarely eat one.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice load of peppers! I like to make up stuffed green peppers when coming in good. Makes a nice addition to freezer stash. 🤣

Goat destroyed my jalapeno plants, before transplanting, so I'll buy a bucket full at the produce auction. Stuff with goat cheese and freeze. I like a couple of those now and then -- prefer the NOT super hot ones!

Hope to make mozzarella tomorrow, then parmesan. Eggplants are coming on good and I love eggplant Parm. So I'll use home made sauce, cheese and garden eggplant! Talk about SS!! 🤗👍

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning! You guys are doing so good. Just watered this morning before church and cleaned 2 watered for the chickens and put feed. Need to do the other 2 and begin to figure out some duck area, will be getting 17 ducklings this week.

Oh, Lord help me!

Have no clue about sleeping area and stuff. I remember the walking around the house with the chickens but never saw a roosting area for them. They all went under the house. There were no predators at all,so I guess that was good. No wonder those animals lasted forever,lol Well, exepone rooster that had a vendetta against me every day. I would come home from school and he would just charge at me. Until one day I got courage and grabbed him and took him to our neighbor and asked her to make me soup. My mother did not even know until the neighbor called her that the soup was ready,lol We called each other out of windows. I guess that is why I am so loud,lol

Anyways, I keep watering and patiently waiting.
Yesterday received my pigeon peas seeds from Puerto Rico. Hoping to get them going early next year 🙏