What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Exhausted! Got up early but still tired,so went back to bed. It's our anniversary. Woke at 10am, he said happy anniversary and I went to clean all the waterers while he checked the fuel containers and put them in my truck. Once I was done, I had to go to town to get money my sister sent me for his truck. Feel bad because she has this storm kind of hurricane Fiona going her way. She lives in PR. I called her to make sure she got water and bread and can things because there will be no electricity for sure. But she did called a guy from San Juan that drive about an hour to Ponce to check her electric plant. So far it seems ok. All she had left was to tie the back furniture, fill bathtub and run down the storm thingys,lol do not know the name in English. Metal things that come down and protects windows.

I mowed the whole acre an half while hub did the weed eater and installed an automatic door on duck house. It was a piece if junk. Called Amazon and they refunded me and I bought the T50 which I should had bought to begin with. The chicken coop has one for 4 yrs and not a problem. Changed batteries once. So the T50 should arrive Monday.

Monday will be a long day as we are to head out by 6am towards the east coast of Michigan. We both have appointments all day at the VA hospital in Ann Arbor. Then Tuesday, need to get his truck from the mechanic. Dang, I am already tired for next week,lol
Still have tomatoes. Will pick as many tomorrow and might leave the other until Tuesday. If anything, I might just till all plants and just call it the season. I still have some stuff to plant for next spring but will be minimal. Just learning about gardening and too much is not good. Don't want to get overwhelmed and loose motivation.
I guess that is all for today. Maybe watch Rings of Power on Prime.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well. While closing up everyone, Lil mama wanted to go back with her sister baby mama and her man Pitbull, so she went to the back. Now the new kids are with the old girls. Nobody to defend them tonight. Besides one of the 9wks cockerel, dance to his mom today,lol No respect,lol. I had a feeling they will not be welcomed in the roost, and they were not. So they settled for the heater post on top of the fan,lol But once the heater goes up, they will have no choice but to fight for a place in the roost, lol 🤪
2CAA8EE7F348_1663467935795.jpg
At least I have all my ducks in a row tonight,🤣

Screenshot_20220917_222218.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The ducks...
First time since brought them home that they sleep in a row,lol
This morning got up and out to open the stupid automatic junk door and put food out and opened the waterer. Went back to bed. By 830am, knuckleheads were still inside! Had to call them from the yard, throw feed on the ramp and nothing. They are not used to it. So came in,grabbed some lettuce and put it in the run and stood outside calling them. They were desperate until one finally tried putting his head out and walk down the ramp. Then they all came out. Last night took about 30 minutes to get them through the door. Iguess they had forgotten, lol. It is until they get adapted.

Not feeling good today. Had a very rough night. Even got up and had a chocolate with a pepsi. This morning have heavy pain in the chest. It's been about month or so that I get these pains. Will let doctors know on Monday when I go. So, had breakfast with hub and heading back to bed. Seems like a lazy day today. But laundry is done and out drying. Hub will probably pick it up and leave it in the living room, lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Took a nap but animals are not the reason I am not feeling well,so just let them out while I shower and then cook.
Praying most of the time. Sister told me that the wind piunded fearlessly against the storm barricades for about hour and half, then just rain. The whole island is without power for about 2 hours,so he electric plant is providing for now. Worse is that the 2 major rivers are out. Very high possibility of lots of flooding. Bad because if high places get to saturated, they will crumble. Back in the 80's when I was a police officer there, it happened and it was terrible to search and rescue among bodies and body parts. Will keep you posted. You guys are my only family. Thank you so much!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Watered peas, tomatoes, cabbages and brussels. Lettuce and spinach ain't up yet, but I watered them too.

I was just told, it's supposed to get hot again this week. So I looked at the forecast, it's crazy... I reckon it was a good thing I watered after all.

I told my new kitties, Boys, it looking like it might get hot for the next few days. They didn't care none, just stared at me.
IMG_20220917_164536548~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts