What did you do in your garden today?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So i googled plantain and got info on salve, oil and eating😂. Spinach substitute? I'll let you know about that after I cook it... But, will dry some and make salve👍. For skin irritation mostly, per articles. @Hinotori do you find expanded uses?

Now I'm gonna check mullein uses. There's a truckload of that along the abandoned RR tracks.
mullen for raspatory!!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oregano, ,thyme, are next on the herb drying list,
and I must get the bergamot { red blooms in pic} picked its in bloom, lemon balm is ready and yarrow
View attachment 23731

I forget so much anymor, I need to look up what part of wormwood I harvest, I just dont remember, but the plant in front of the potatoes is wormwood-- down the row a bit is mint about to bloom,
the potato grow bags are as full as I could get them with soil- the plant tops are so long, but they are doing good ,, 🤔 I think, 🧐
View attachment 23734

I finally was able to pick enough romaine for a salad last evening,,

The corn is doing fine,, the acorn, pumpkin, zucchini and yellow squash all have flowers- its hard to see but the squashes are all next to the fence on the inside of the fence, 3 sides
View attachment 23732

View attachment 23733
Its hard to see but to the far left are older blueberries and a bit to the right of the are 6 more that I brought with me from the old house, they are not very big,
AND to the right of them are 5 elder berry trees
in the back far left outside the fence is a walnut tree- in the fence is an apple, middle is a plumb and right is a pear tree. Last year only the apple had fruit. We pruned in February, and used neam oil, so we'll see how it goes.

yesterday I got the mowing done around the garden and yard,
so today garden task is water the corn and blueberries, and get some of my Dave's Fetid Swamp Water out of my container 🤿 😷 🤿 it REALLY REALLY stinks
I want to try and feed as many plants as I can so I may need a 5gal bucket---this should take all day :sick

Well, I got the berries, and elders and corn and squash done with the Dave's Fetid Swamp Water-it took a bit over 1/2 the container -OMG!!! I washed my hands with 5 different soaps and they still smell like a swamp!! I ended up using Clorox cleaner--- :gig :gig :gig

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
20230630_055312.jpg
20230630_055336.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Harvested herbs yesterday

image_17188609.JPG

The huge bush thing is Motherwort- I also did the horehound but dont have a pic of it

they arent.JPG on the end are 2 big oreganos-
62B40499-3AF0-49E9-AEB5-15B628550870.jpeg
and lemon balm; yarrow; burgamot

Last edited: