What did you do in your garden today?

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It gets better. He put the bean seed in a paper packet and left them in te garden - to get rained on overnight. I just sent him out to replant them correctly before I take him to school.

:he
Excellent parenting choice! :clap

It kills ya now..... but he will grow into a great man later!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing today bc DH and I took the youngest fishing! Everyone caught fish and we had a great time.

Blueberries, rhubarb and raspberries delivered today so those will go in tonight after the sun goes down. Headed to school's FFA plant sale now, bc I need more plants ;) hey for a $1/ 4 inch pot I will buy them out

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
planted onion bulbules and onion seeds that i've been saving from last year for this reason. hope they'll grow, we'll see. :)

planted some peas.

a little later than i'd have liked for both of these, but now they're done and i can move on to the next garden spaces to plant some other seeds and perhaps a few rows of beans for fresh eating. it may not work out but that will depend upon if we get hard frosts or lighter frosts or none at all. life is a mystery, if you have extra seeds you can ask it more questions and see what answers. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The sun is brutal but tilled in-between rows anyways. Amazing the tiller is still throwing up mud balls. Very wet spring it was, no doubt about that. My wild black cherry trees are dropping their leaves. I'm thinking it's a case of brown spot fungal disease probably brought on by the wet spring followed by heat wave this week. Some of my orchard trees are showing the same. I bought a bottle of orchard spray, I'll hit all the fruit trees after it rains and dries up.

here's what a wild black cherry leaf looks like. I won't be sparying the wild black cherry trees. There are too many of them and I would need a something to get me up very high off the ground.
IMG_20220513_105247924.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got 5 tomatoes (varieties I have never had), 3 cokes, an eggplant and cabbage from the FFA plant sale. Today I will be potting/planting. Yesterday I got in 3 new rhubarb crowns and 4 raspberries. The raspberries had roots almost 8 inches long. Today I have 2 patio blueberry varieties to get in.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 claims to have planted tomatoes, marigolds, peppers, and celeriac. I wouldn't be surprised if he stashed them somewhere, I didn't see much movement happening, just him sitting in the dirt.

DH and I have been transplanting / splitting hostas. We're running out of places to put them!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
planted some beans (a bit early perhaps as it can still get frosts here this late) and watered them in.

then weeded part of a garden and dug up some bulbs to get them out of the way. we have tried to remove these for years and it usually has happened that i've been too busy to get it done, but today it was finally the time. got half way done and it was time to take a break and then a pop-up storm came through a bit early from the weather forecast said it might - the beans, peas and rest of the plants out there finally got a good watering from the sky instead of me having to do it with the hose. probably the first significant rain we've had in a few weeks. thank you Momma Nature! :)
DS15 claims to have planted tomatoes, marigolds, peppers, and celeriac. I wouldn't be surprised if he stashed them somewhere, I didn't see much movement happening, just him sitting in the dirt.

DH and I have been transplanting / splitting hostas. We're running out of places to put them!

eat them! :)