frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I pulled a few Easter bunny snacks!

E04A7B9B-625F-46D1-AD01-24AE503576C9.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother those are pretty carrots! Does the pink go all the way thru?
Those are probably some of the nicest carrots I've ever grown. In the past I've always grown Danvers Half-Long thinking our soil wasn't soft enough for a full-sized carrot. But, I think I was wrong, lol. Those carrots were from a package of rainbow carrot seeds. The color is all the way through and they are mighty tasty! I'll definitely plant them again.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen those seed ads. Never tried. Yeah, lotta Danvers here to use up! I never thought soil was too hard for them to grow -- more like too tight to give them back! 😁
With our lumpy clay I had my doubts. These were in a place that was formerly a raised bed. Over time that bed isn't really raised anymore, lol. But, I did have to water it thoroughly to get those carrots outta the ground for sure! We are in a severe drought here. Happens so rarely here, but we've got it now.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those are probably some of the nicest carrots I've ever grown. In the past I've always grown Danvers Half-Long thinking our soil wasn't soft enough for a full-sized carrot. But, I think I was wrong, lol. Those carrots were from a package of rainbow carrot seeds. The color is all the way through and they are mighty tasty! I'll definitely plant them again.
They look like Atomic Red which are a mild, great pull and eat carrot.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think I am going to have to grow lima beans. In all my life, I never have. Any advice or suggestions?