What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well let us know how that goes when thawed. I've never frozen whole, usually in some cooked form. But I've also never had THAT MANY at once! 😊.

I do freeze corn whole for roasters. I cut off tips and stalk to edge of ear, bag and freeze shucks and all. Take out and shuck , thaw...just like fresh when cooked. πŸ‘

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy 4th Everyone!

Well, barely had any sleep last night just watching my new 4 baby chicks via the cameras,lol So, I was up at 530am and went rapidly outside before 6am and began weeding with the hoe. So hard,lol I thought that my back would be better instead of bending and picking them out with my hands, but nooooo! My back is a bit sore. Took the grass clippings out and the straw and once I finished, I put more grass clippings and straw back under the tomatoes and the peppers and all around them and the walking isle. Walking isle?, sounds like a Walmart employees talking over the speakers, :ep "Please check out the new straw between the tomatoes and bell peppers isle" :lol:

Anyways, I was done by 7:33am. So I watered and then I heard the mama hen making loud sounds and when I checked, she was right on schedule,lol She had taken the 4 peeps out on the dirt and began teaching them to scratch for food on the dirt, :love Once inside, of courese after taking a lot of pictures and videos, I went to teh garage and brought the hand truck and recovered about 8 boxes that are still unopenend for the past 2 years. I have no clue what's in them anymore. o_O I should just throw them out,lol Never used whatever is in them,:lol: Butsince they are already laying on my bedroom and the living room, I probably take advantage and take a nap. Yes, people over 60 take naps,:lol::lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Too hot and wet, to do much of anything.

Onions are in the midst of the bulbing stage, the stage I've been waiting for 😁. Both yellow and white sweet spanish seem to be coming along nicely. The tops haven't fallen over yet so they are still growing and are not ready to pull yet. Curious to see how they taste in the new garden soil.
Screenshot_20220704-132318~2.png

Screenshot_20220704-132307~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I still would like to know what's up with this hill of sugar baby water melon. With the long yellow grabber explosive growth. They are last year's, end of season dollar general 4 for a $1.00 seed packs. I sowed one package per hill. I was going to pull the hill but my daughter in law convinced me to leave it and see what happens? IDK... I've never seen anything like it before.
IMG_20220704_124922185.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful onions CC! Maybe some here next year...

I watered the newly sprouting...watered the winter squash and their new home. Transplanted 13 banana squash. Tomorrow Eve the nine butternut will be moved.

Here's part of my 2 more rows of green beans, near the heavily blooming ones 😊
raw(8).jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful onions CC! Maybe some here next year...

I watered the newly sprouting...watered the winter squash and their new home. Transplanted 13 banana squash. Tomorrow Eve the nine butternut will be moved.

Here's part of my 2 more rows of green beans, near the heavily blooming ones 😊
View attachment 19431
Nice looking beans πŸ‘ what kind? Looking at yours gives me hope that ours will bloom soon.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are Contender beans @CrealCritter .... Your fav? 😊. Such pretty little lavender blooms. Tiny beans everywhere! I'm kinda wondering why I thought I needed more because I'm not a huge green bean eater. They're good, just not my staple veg. I'm a brussel sprouts, sweet potato kinda eater. 🀷. I will be guided to share with someone in need. Definitely will can a lot!

Now the amounts of winter squashes I'm growing will be used in all manner of cooking and canning but, also winter freshness for chickens and goats. Plus, I will grow turnips and mangel beets for them. 😁. Extra kale and collards, too.

I'm excited to see a patch of sweet corn popping. Rarely grow that but a try this year. There's a good amount of the colored corn but, hoping they produce for sale at market.

It's time for me to start plants for Fall crops. Time flies. 😁🀣. I'm waiting for tomatoes to ripen and talking FALL -- I'm not ready to welcome Fall and all that!! Even with the heat right now.....geesh, I need to can food first! πŸ€”πŸ™„ No wonder squirrels are always in a frenzy to collect :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those are Contender beans @CrealCritter .... Your fav? 😊. Such pretty little lavender blooms. Tiny beans everywhere! I'm kinda wondering why I thought I needed more because I'm not a huge green bean eater. They're good, just not my staple veg. I'm a brussel sprouts, sweet potato kinda eater. 🀷. I will be guided to share with someone in need. Definitely will can a lot!

Now the amounts of winter squashes I'm growing will be used in all manner of cooking and canning but, also winter freshness for chickens and goats. Plus, I will grow turnips and mangel beets for them. 😁. Extra kale and collards, too.

I'm excited to see a patch of sweet corn popping. Rarely grow that but a try this year. There's a good amount of the colored corn but, hoping they produce for sale at market.

It's time for me to start plants for Fall crops. Time flies. 😁🀣. I'm waiting for tomatoes to ripen and talking FALL -- I'm not ready to welcome Fall and all that!! Even with the heat right now.....geesh, I need to can food first! πŸ€”πŸ™„ No wonder squirrels are always in a frenzy to collect :lol:
My fav is early contender but I think contender is probably the same. πŸ˜‹ Fall harvest veggie sowing time creeps up fast doesn't it?

Latest posts