Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Meh...
Screenshot_20220812-184238~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can the raw juice. If I want tomato soup, I use a jar of juice and butter, sucralose, flour to thicken and salt and pepper. I do not add any onions, celery or any other kind of veggies. I do not add cream or milk either.

If you can the juice as is, you can add whatever you want after you open the jar.
Would you happen to have a recipe? I'm elbow deep in tomatoes over here.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Would you happen to have a recipe? I'm elbow deep in tomatoes over here.

I use the Norpro 1951 Sauce Master to convert the tomatoes into juice. I bring the juice to a boil in a large pot and ladle it into sterilized jars, add one tsp of salt per qt. jar, place the sterilized lid and ring on. After that you can water bath can it.

You can later use the juice for whatever you want to. I find using tomato juice instead of water or milk in a meatloaf tastes better to me. You can drink it as tomato juice or make it into tomato soup using whatever is your preferred recipe.

You can even cook it down later if you want to convert it to a paste or sauce.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have not done much of anything in the garden these days. Not too hot or sunny for the plants, so very little water. They will get soaked through the morning, so left them be. Did saw some beetles on the basil and 🥦. Girls had no problem with them,lol
Having problems with 2 processed hens. Well, there were 3 but used 1 for soup and it tasted disgusting and the meat was very hard. All I did was clean them good freezer them and cooked that one. I am afraid The others will taste the same. Maybe I can make broth with them instead. I really do not understand. As growing up, mom did the same and they never tasted like this one. She was about a year old if that makes a difference. I just do not see myself to get chickens to keep in a cage with feed. I would be not respecting nature. IDK.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use the Norpro 1951 Sauce Master to convert the tomatoes into juice. I bring the juice to a boil in a large pot and ladle it into sterilized jars, add one tsp of salt per qt. jar, place the sterilized lid and ring on. After that you can water bath can it.

You can later use the juice for whatever you want to. I find using tomato juice instead of water or milk in a meatloaf tastes better to me. You can drink it as tomato juice or make it into tomato soup using whatever is your preferred recipe.

You can even cook it down later if you want to convert it to a paste or sauce.
Awesome Thank You very much 👍 we have a juicer very similar if not that exact same model. The handle is coming off and something will be made so I can use my cordless drill 😁