What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I weeded some and the gave grand daughters tractor rides while family picked the garden 👍, then I spayed for bugs. Set out 50 each of fall cabbages and brussel sprouts, also sprayed them for bugs :)

Family ran across one strange pepper plant with white peppers. I didn't see it in the bell pepper row, but I've not picked any peppers this season yet. My daughter in law, said it's a ghost pepper plant? I didn't plant no ghost pepper. But I eat one and man is it sweet. Must have been a rouge seed from when I started them this past winter. Anyways, I saved the seeds from the one I eat. I'll plant a row next spring, see what becomes of it. Whatever it is it's great snack pepper 😋

White peppers? What the world come to? 😂
IMG_20220814_200919865.jpg

Family left with grocery bags full, very happy about that 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't mind growing extra for others, but today someone got on my case because i didn't want to give them garlic. i didn't grow that much this year to begin with - i've scaled back quite a bit from previous years. if the topic comes up again i'm going to suggest they start growing their own... i'd be happy to give them starts.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
one of my brother's used to grow peppers similar to those (more yellow in color) and they were ok, but not as thick walled as the red or green peppers, yet, edible for sure. :)
They are thinner walled than bell peppers for sure, but a lot sweeter. For a guy like me who's staying away from processed sugar, the one I eat, would cure one of my sweet tooth moments. A apple and unsweetened apple sauce also works for a sweet tooth fix for me.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i don't mind growing extra for others, but today someone got on my case because i didn't want to give them garlic. i didn't grow that much this year to begin with - i've scaled back quite a bit from previous years. if the topic comes up again i'm going to suggest they start growing their own... i'd be happy to give them starts.
I am happy to do for others... but wow... hard to do when they are fussy about it. :rolleyes:

I am sorry that garlic person wasn't thankful and kind to you.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am happy to do for others... but wow... hard to do when they are fussy about it. :rolleyes:

I am sorry that garlic person wasn't thankful and kind to you.

when i have had a lot more thrown at me recently i feel a bit overwhelmed at times and adding aggravation like that on top won't help. i'm a very task oriented person and when i'm left feeling that i'm not getting things done well or right it puts me off. :) life and how it goes... :) i'll survive.

this morning had plans and a list of things to get done. nope. not a single chance yet and will be tied up with something else for another hour or so. so i'm late, late, late again. hahaha. oh well, it's a good thing this isn't life or death or anything like that. just personal preferences of mine which i know well enough.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
8 zucchini, 6 yellow squash, 6 big tomatoes, a dozen green peppers, handful of beans, lots of cherry tomatoes. Church is offering free sweet corn this weekend. 🤔

time for a corn roast! as a kid our family would gather on the farm (which is now a college in W Michigan) and have a corn roast. 60-100 people's worth of corn and grilling meats too. always fun and good to be there, but pure mayhem too with all of us running around. :) best corn.

my other brother and his wife stopped by yesterday and that was a topic on his mind as there were fresh sweet corn stacks in places for sale along the route he was taking back. :)

watered almost all the gardens good today. took me a few hours to get everything done, but with the week ahead looking warm and sunny they needed it.

Last edited:

Latest posts